What's new

iPhone 5 "internal" PLEASE HELP

Tyleraw96

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site. I am experiencing an extremely frustrating problem with my iPhone 5. I'm going to try to get to the point and provide as much detail as possible. Hopefully, in return I will receive an answer. Just recently I dropped my phone and the screen shattered. There was no obvious damage other than that of the shattered glass. I started to experience a new problem as what I believe to be the result of another drop. The Home button was being signaled as held down instead of pressed every time I touched it. This urged me to pull out the LCD and tamper with the Home button (this is an LCD replacement that I put on my iPhone on my own, therefore I am fairly familiar with the top layer of internal parts of the iPhone). In this process I saw a loose screw, so I fixed it. I pulled out the proximity, LCD, and speaker cables and tightened the screw, put the cables and metal safety plate back on, and temporarily fixed my Home button problem. The next problem that occurred led me to believe my digitizer was damaged. The touch-screen was not responding to touch. I found out that it was because the glass was coming off of the LCD at the upper-left corner. By today, it got to the point where I had to tap on the phone all around or hold down the glass in the upper left to use the phone. Early in the day, the screen no longer omit any light even though the phone was still on (I received vibrations signaling the charger just got plugged in or I got a message). This led me to believe my LCD was damaged for real so I got my mom's old iPhone 5 which has only a shattered screen and hooked up my LCD and of course it works perfectly. My diagnosis: internal damage leading from where the LCD cable plugs in to the motherboard (or wherever it is this thing is attached).

PLEASE give me any feedback that you believe has the potential to help me out. If there is some way to repair the connector that the LCD connector connects to, I would really appreciate information on how to do so. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated as well.

Last edited: