What's new

iPhone 5 has a mind of its own?

iRich

Reaction score
I just recently through out the whole day experienced my iPhone doing its own thing.

When I'm listening to music, it randomly pauses, starts again, skips songs and fast forwards. And that's not all. Sometimes it even turns on Siri.
It does this when I'm not using the phone and it's on standby just playing music and sometimes it does this when I'm using it.

I tried restarting my iPhone but that didn't work. I just want to know if there is a resolution without having it to be restored.(that would be a last resort other than going to the apple store) Could it be a software issue or a hardware issue. Never had problems with my iPhone 5 before.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?

(I am being completely serious no matter how ridiculous this sounds. It's actually happening)

you said you restarted your phone but did you try a hard reset?

Poisonivy said:
you said you restarted your phone but did you try a hard reset?

No I will try that. Having doubts since a simple restart didn't work but I'll still give it a try.

Poisonivy said:
it can fix many glitches.

I just tried that and right when I turned on the phone. Music started playing and fast forwarding again.

By any chance do you think it could be the headphones? Cause the headphones can actually activate Siri and fast forward and skip songs. (iPhone 5 headphones)
I'll try switching my headphones to see if that's the problem.

Any other suggestions?

how long have you had your phone? have you got Applecare?

Poisonivy said:
how long have you had your phone? have you got Applecare?

I got this iPhone 5 on the day of launch.
But I think I just found out the problem.

It could be the headphones cause I just tried my brothers iPhone 5 headphones and now my iPhone stopped skipping songs and stuff.
I'm going to have to get my headphones replaced.

I got this iPhone 5 on the day of launch.
But I think I just found out the problem.

It could be the headphones cause I just tried my brothers iPhone 5 headphones and now my iPhone stopped skipping songs and stuff.
I'm going to have to get my headphones replaced.
ah right,thats great,your nearest Apple store will be glad to help I'm sure.

I'm having the exact same problem, it's VERY irritating. It may have something to do with the headphones, as it only seems to happen when the headphones are plugged in. I'll try to use another pair of headphones and see what happens. If it stops happening I guess I'll have to replace my headphones as well.

Wow can't believe the headphones would effect that! Glad you solved the issue!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner