What's new

iPhone 5 Front Panel Video Emerges

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

We’ve had photos and we’ve even had schematics this week for the next iPhone, and now MacRumors reports that Japanese blog Macotakara has even managed to obtain a video of the front panel, showing how it compares to the iPhone 4S. The video clearly shows that the newer phone is taller than the previous version by around roughly 10 mm. The video also shows that the display opening measures 4.07 inches diagonally, meaning that the actual display itself will be 4-inches. Elsewhere, 9to5 Mac has more fresh info on the new iPhone, having done a bit of digging around in iOS 6 and finding out that it has a Samsung 5L8950X ARM processor under the hood, which 9to5 Mac says will still have the A5 name, rather than A6, and will have, they speculate, a low-power dual core processor akin to that inside the new version of the iPad 2. They add that the new phone will have 1GB of RAM, and also a completely new GPU chip, called SGX543RC, on which details are scant so far, simply because it doesn’t even exist yet, according to 9to5 Mac.

Source:
Taller Next-Generation iPhone Front Panel Caught on Video - Mac Rumors
Hardware details of the next iPhone (N41AP / iPhone5,1) and more on the new Maps app | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Last edited by a moderator:
About time the iPhone got a screen size bump. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Would love it if they could keep the size of the 4S and still make a bigger screen. Totally possible! Would be all over it!

If it supports T-Mobile 3G/4G, I'll buy it. Even if I have to pay extra for the unlocked model.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait.
If apple menage to create better smartfone then 4s It will be something outstanding

Last edited:
Would love it if they could keep the size of the 4S and still make a bigger screen. Totally possible! Would be all over it!

Can not be done. No case would be able to grip the phone properly because of the lack dead space.