What's new

iPhone 5 evasi0n jailbreak not turning on; faded apple logo. How to fix?

Undefinedmaster

Reaction score
My phone was working fine, and then I resprung to activate a new theme, but now, my phone is stuck on a faded version of the Apple boot screen, and won't turn on.
I tried restarting it by holding power and home, and it takes me back to the normal looking boot screen for a few seconds, but then goes back to the faded logo. I've even tried holding the volume button while it's turning on, but that doesn't do anything. I've also tried everything here: Frequently Asked Questions - JailbreakQA but none of those worked. Please help.
Thanks, Undefinedmaster

The Volume Up + Power method is only if you have MobileSubstrate installed via Cydia. If you have SBSettings installed, then you'll have it. If you've tried everything there, then the only fix would be to DFU restore to 6.1.3.

The Volume Up + Power method is only if you have MobileSubstrate installed via Cydia. If you have SBSettings installed, then you'll have it. If you've tried everything there, then the only fix would be to DFU restore to 6.1.3.
Isn't Jailbreak Patched in that version?

Yes, but if you did indeed follow all the methods to kick it out of the state, most likely there's something corrupted in there or you didn't follow one or more of the options correctly. It would come down to a $200+ paperweight or a working device.

Yes, but if you did indeed follow all the methods to kick it out of the state, most likely there's something corrupted in there or you didn't follow one or more of the options correctly. It would come down to a $200+ paperweight or a working device.
Yeah, I suppose I'll do that now.

Hey I'm restoring it and iTunes is open but I can't click it on the taskbar to see it's window. Does this mean it's stopped working? I just didn't want to stop it in the middle of updating.