What's new

iPhone 5 Apple Logo Fades To Black...

Dabassist

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm relatively good with Apple products, had every iPhone since the first, Jailbroken all apart from this iPhone 5 which makes it even more frustrating that I haven't messed this phone up myself but...

I was using my phone earlier (iPhone 5 iOS 6.0) then all of a sudden the phone went off and then started to reboot, the Apple logo came up then faded to black and seemed to power off, I then pressed the power button and the same thing happened again.

Frustrated I waited until I got home and plugged it into my computer (to see if it was just a general power issue) nothing changed.

I tried resetting by holding the power and home button but nothing happened again.

I then entered both Restore and DFU mode and not only attempted to update via iTunes directly but also downloaded all versions of iOS 6 available (including GSM and CDMA) yet none of them would install due to when the restore was ready to be installed to the iPhone the phone would then go into the same Apple logo fade to black cycle.

I have spoken to Apple and have searched into as many different peoples problems I could find, the closest being someone thinking it was a shorting battery due to water (I've not got the phone wet although it has been snowing today and my phone was left in a van for half an hour) another reason I think this isn't the case is due to when the phone was in DFU mode and plugged in the phone screen was backlit even though it was just black.

Any ideas guys? Does this sound like I need to get it back to the retailer?

Either way the little injured iPhone is wrapped in a towel near a radiator to dry out just in case!