What's new

iPhone 5 charger / speaker

sdb321

Reaction score
I want to get an additional charger for my iPhone 5 for my car and also a speaker that is a charger. I have been looking at the iHome chargers but I have "heard" that I should only use Apple chargers. Is that true? What is safe and not safe to use to charge my phone?
Thanks

i personally only use Apple accessories especially when it comes to charging,our Apple devices cost so much that to me it isn't worth using inferior cables ect.

i personally only use Apple accessories especially when it comes to charging,our Apple devices cost so much that to me it isn't worth using inferior cables ect.

Agreed. The $10 difference between the price of a cheap charger and the price of an Apple charger can be the difference between your device acting up and not. Best to be safe than sorry.

As for a dock, I've yet to hear of a problem from iHome products. I have an older gen one as well as a newer gen one, one with the 30-pin, one with a lightning. No problems from using them with my devices. If you're going to get one of the Lightning, make sure that it's a lightning base and not a 30-pin with a converter to lightning because it can snap.

Personally, I don't want to experience any consequence using an inferior or unlicensed third party chargers. If I can afford to buy the iphone5 16Gb, why would I suddenly shift to something cheap that could destroy my iOS.