What's new

Iphone 5 buying guide

geniusgamer

Reaction score
hello everyone, everyone knows that verizon have not locked their iphone 5 .So i am having a doubt , basically i live in india and im a student ,so if a buy a iphone5 through verizon ,can i put a different sim and use it in india i vl be using a 2g network and not 3g (4g not available here) .Please reply i would be grateful if anyone clarifies my doubt.or shall i buy it and wait for a jailbreak (I have saved my pocket money to buy it i m having only $250

Yes, if you buy the iPhone 5 verizon it will be able to support 2g, 3G, and 4g in the area if it is covered. I'm afraid 250$ won't get very far unless you buy the phone on contract, and that will barely cover all the costs. Another cheap alternative is buying an AT&T iPhone 4S or 4 and having it factory unlocked.

Here is a guide to price:
The iphone has been announced globally.The iphone 5 is available now from Apple`s retail outlets as follows:
1-16 GB model for $799
2-32 GB model for $899
3-64 GB model for $999

If you have that kind of money then go ahead and buy from apple. I recommend craigslist myself, or ebay (if prices go down). I live in the US and craigslist is generally safe. Not sure about in India. I'm sure there's a classifieds ad there. Always remember to check out the phone entirely before you hand over your money and ALWAYS remember to meet up a safe way. I can't stress how many local deals go bad because someone doesn't take proper precautions. You can never be too safe! :)

Yes, if you buy the iPhone 5 verizon it will be able to support 2g, 3G, and 4g in the area if it is covered. I'm afraid 250$ won't get very far unless you buy the phone on contract, and that will barely cover all the costs. Another cheap alternative is buying an AT&T iPhone 4S or 4 and having it factory unlocked.
Can i buy an iphone 5 on contract in usa and bring it to india , and do i need to pay money(the verizon data plans) if i am not using their network,and how do they track people if they do not pay the money and moreover verizon has not locked its phone

geniusgamer said:
Can i buy an iphone 5 on contract in usa and bring it to india , and do i need to pay money(the verizon data plans) if i am not using their network,and how do they track people if they do not pay the money and moreover verizon has not locked its phone

They would not allow you to buy the phone on contract unless you have a local address and credit account that allows them to put you on a legal contract. I would be shocked if they did allow it.
On contract means you pay monthly for a fixed amount of voice and data whether you use it or not.

They subsidize phones on contract and lose money in the beginning but make up for it through the 2 year contract period. You cannot just cancel the contract, instead there is a very hefty cancellation fee that more than makes up for the amount that they have subsidized the phone at to get their money back.

zphone said:
They would not allow you to buy the phone on contract unless you have a local address and credit account that allows them to put you on a legal contract. I would be shocked if they did allow it.
On contract means you pay monthly for a fixed amount of voice and data whether you use it or not.

They subsidize phones on contract and lose money in the beginning but make up for it through the 2 year contract period. You cannot just cancel the contract, instead there is a very hefty cancellation fee that more than makes up for the amount that they have subsidized the phone at to get their money back.

Yes, and plus if you don't pay the fee then I have heard cases of apple blacklisting your iPhone And then you have an expensive brick.

tortelliniguy said:
If you have that kind of money then go ahead and buy from apple. I recommend craigslist myself, or ebay (if prices go down). I live in the US and craigslist is generally safe. Not sure about in India. I'm sure there's a classifieds ad there. Always remember to check out the phone entirely before you hand over your money and ALWAYS remember to meet up a safe way. I can't stress how many local deals go bad because someone doesn't take proper precautions. You can never be too safe! :)

I'll stress that for you again. Sometimes crooks will advertise a deal to get a victim into a predetermined location knowing that the victim will be carrying a large quantity of cash. Or the other way around a crook will know the seller will have with them an expensive sellable item.

Btw use your brain and if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is! You will not find an iPhone 5 on Craigslist for less than what the seller paid, unless it was stolen and then it's just a short time until it's blacklisted anyways. Always ask for proof that the seller is selling property that they own and have legitimately bought.

I'll stress that for you again. Sometimes crooks will advertise a deal to get a victim into a predetermined location knowing that the victim will be carrying a large quantity of cash. Or the other way around a crook will know the seller will have with them an expensive sellable item.

Btw use your brain and if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is! You will not find an iPhone 5 on Craigslist for less than what the seller paid, unless it was stolen and then it's just a short time until it's blacklisted anyways. Always ask for proof that the seller is selling property that they own and have legitimately bought.

Some people actually sell on craigslist because they need cash fast. I buy, sell, and repair phones on craigslist and I have come across many cheap iPhones that seemed extremely too good to be true but they end up being people who just need cash. You can't have a closed mind on Craigslist, you just always need to have someone with you most of the time when you meet people. I'm not advocating that someone should just throw their money at people whenever they see a good deal, just saying get as much information as you can first to see if the info matches a real phone then meet up at a public place with cameras so you can minimize the risks.

i think so,Another cheap alternative is buying an AT&T iPhone 4S or 4 and having it factory unlocked. thank you
1.gif