What's new

iPhone 4s

hawk33

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im both new here and to the whole apple / iPhone thing.

Been curious about trying an iPhone for a while now, so was wondering.. Is the 4s a great first pick, as it's not that expensive?

Thanks in advance :)

The iPhone 4s is available quite cheaply because it was first introduced back in 2011. It will almost certainly not receive the iOS 9 update this fall. After that point, you'll find that a growing number of apps will no longer be available to devices on iOS 8. The iPhone 4s was discontinued 2 years ago and could be as much as 4 years old. If it still has its original battery, it will likely not be able to hold a full charge any longer. I wouldn't recommend the iPhone 4s as a first iPhone at this time.

The iPhone 5s is still available new with up to 32 gb of storage and as it is a newer design by 2 years it will be supported for longer than the older iPhone 4s.

Additionally, the faster LTE data service is not available for the iPhone 4s.

If you have a limited budget, There are numerous sellers, large and small, who sell used iPhones. Make sure to do your research before buying a used iPhone from a stranger.

Before buying a used iPhone please read this thread, which will help you avoid most of the risk involved in buying a used iPhone. Before buying a new second hand device online Apple iPhone Forum

Last edited:
I like my 4S so much that I don't want to change. Where can I get a new battery when mine goes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my 4S so much that I don't want to change. Where can I get a new battery when mine goes?

The best place to go, although not the cheapest, is an Apple Store or an authorized repair centre. Independent repair shops are cheaper but you should make sure that they use genuine Apple replacement parts.
The price that Apple charges to replace an iPhone battery, if nothing else is wrong with the iPhone, is $79.00. iPhone Battery and Power - Apple Support

4G storage filled up. Message tells me to go to settings to cull some apps. But I've tried this & cannot remove any unused apps.
I could do this before by Xing the app, but no longer. I need more storage by deleting some apps. How do I do this?

4G storage filled up. Message tells me to go to settings to cull some apps. But I've tried this & cannot remove any unused apps.
I could do this before by Xing the app, but no longer. I need more storage by deleting some apps. How do I do this?

Which apps are you trying to remove? The stock apps that come with the iPhone cannot be removed and will not show the X when you push and hold the icons.

I know. I have apps that are separate from those--to gain more storage I want to delete social media & shopping apps, news media.

Have you checked in Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps and made sure that the switch is turned on(showing green)? If the switch is turned off, apps cannot be deleted from the iPhone.