What's new

4S - Only functioning via WiFi - Setting issue or something bigger?

kge0003

Reaction score
First off, hello. I tried googling, asking friends, etc and can't seem to get an answer. I frequent my car forum and always seem to get an answer through discussion so I thought I'd try here. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Problem:
I have a 4S. Everything was working great for the past few weeks. About 3 days ago, my phone no longer loaded Safari, Facebook, etc through the regular 3g network and aforementioned apps will now ONLY work via WiFi.

Did my kids potentially change a setting somewhere? Is this an issue/known issue? I'm stuck and don't have a whole lot of time to go down to the Apple store so...what do you think?

I forgot to mention that my phone DOES still currently make/accept normal calls and text messages. Anywhere. The iMessaging however, only works via WiFi as well for some reason.

First off, hello. I tried googling, asking friends, etc and can't seem to get an answer. I frequent my car forum and always seem to get an answer through discussion so I thought I'd try here. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Problem:
I have a 4S. Everything was working great for the past few weeks. About 3 days ago, my phone no longer loaded Safari, Facebook, etc through the regular 3g network and aforementioned apps will now ONLY work via WiFi.

Did my kids potentially change a setting somewhere? Is this an issue/known issue? I'm stuck and don't have a whole lot of time to go down to the Apple store so...what do you think?

Try what so many swear by in here. Do a hard reset to the phone. That's holding down the home button and the lock button at the top for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears then let go. Wait until the phone reboots and then see I'd this fixes your issues. If not let us know.

Plus check in settings, wifi and see if it's on or off. I think if it's on it picks wifi up automatically if it's off it picks up 3G

Oh and welcome to iPF.net 😄

iHolophyte

Thanks man. I appreciate the prompt reply. Seriously. Okay, just tried a reboot and things appear to be working as far as the iMessaging. I'll jump out and try the 3G in a few. I may be back. Haha

Thanks man. I appreciate the prompt reply. Seriously. Okay, just tried a reboot and things appear to be working as far as the iMessaging. I'll jump out and try the 3G in a few. I may be back. Haha

No problems. Keep us posted on how you get on, if you can tear yourself away (laughs out loud)
You can just check the 3G from the comfort of your sofa by just turning wifi off 😜

iHolophyte

'Tis working, sir. Wow. Me < My phone. Thank you.

This also works for locked iPod 4g... Just sayin... Great tip btw.

I came across this discussion and I am having this same problem. I have a 3GS. My eBay app was working fine 2 days ago, but now it will only work with Wifi and not on 3G! I even tried to connect to eBay using the Safari internet engine and cannot do it on 3G. I did the hard reset, but still no change. The only other app that seems to also do this is the Craigs list app. All others work fine with 3G. Please help!!! thanks

Bill

I have unistalled and re-installed the app...no change. I have also done 2 hard resets...nothing.