What's new

IPhone 4s

marcalhon

Reaction score
Hi, first of all, a great New Year to everyone

I have a Iphone 4s, ios 5.1.1 with Jailbreak and my question is how can I make some kind of reset, meaning delete all and maitain the same ios 5.1.1, something like a factory reset?

Thanks in advance

If you have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 5.1.1 for that particular 4S, and you manually upgraded it using iTunes (cannot be OTA or from factory), then you can re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on the device using RedSn0w. The reset button in settings.app isn't the best idea

First of all what is that SHSH blobs ?

I do not want to maintain the JB, just want the iphone like it comes from factory with IOS 5.1.1

First of all what is that SHSH blobs ?

I do not want to maintain the JB, just want the iphone like it comes from factory with IOS 5.1.1
SHSH's (blobs) is Apple virtual signature that's assigned to a specific iOS version for your particular iPhone. Open Cydia, atop the Home page there will be iOS versions listed. What do you see?

You'll need 5.1.1 in that list to be able to restore to a clean version of 5.1.1.

You can't restore to iOS 5.1.1. And re-restoring using RedSn0w is the only way to go back to any iOS 5 versions since it takes advantage of a restore process exploit that's in iOS 5 for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, it won't automatically jailbreak it for you. RedSn0w's not only for jailbreaking, it has other uses as well. Since you don't have a 5.1.1 listed on the top of Cydia, you cannot restore back to iOS 5.1.1 by any means, and your only option is to upgrade to iOS 6.0.1. You can manually delete everything off the phone itself, but the jailbreak stays unless you remove it with developer access to your device.

You can't restore to iOS 5.1.1. And re-restoring using RedSn0w is the only way to go back to any iOS 5 versions since it takes advantage of a restore process exploit that's in iOS 5 for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, it won't automatically jailbreak it for you. RedSn0w's not only for jailbreaking, it has other uses as well. Since you don't have a 5.1.1 listed on the top of Cydia, you cannot restore back to iOS 5.1.1 by any means, and your only option is to upgrade to iOS 6.0.1. You can manually delete everything off the phone itself, but the jailbreak stays unless you remove it with developer access to your device.

+1... without 5.1.1 listed on Cydia's Home screen your only option is updating to 6.0.1. Or, as willerz stated above... manually removing all your JB tweaks & packages.