What's new

iPhone 4S unlocking help

qelroy

Reaction score
Dear all.

I'm new to the forums, and would like to assistance, not sure you can tho.

Basically, one of my friends from work, has another friend, who bought the iPhone 4S from USA, and all of us live in Denmark.

His friend bought the iPhone 4S from AT&T, without any contract, it did cost her around 850$ if not more, which was stupid, since it was a bit cheaper in Denmark, but whatever, lol..

The problem is, the iPhone is locked, when he puts his simcard in the iPhone 4S, it will just say "Searching", and then it will find no network at all.

The iPhone 4S has been jailbroken with Absinthe, and it on 5.0.1, or the newest software that's out.

My question is, how do we unlock this iPhone 4S from US, so it will work in Europe / Denmark?

Kindly regards Alex.

The iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 in it's carrier locked version is running w/ a Baseband of 1.0.13 or 1.0.14 (depending on which firmware build it's on). Neither of these Basebands are, at this time, Unlockable. Sorry...

So this means, the iPhone cannot be used until someone who is wise enough, puts up an unlock for the phone :-/?

Thanks for your answer tho!

So this means, the iPhone cannot be used until someone who is wise enough, puts up an unlock for the phone :-/?Thanks for your answer tho!
Unfortunately you are correct. :-( Seeing as Untethered Jailbreaks have been recently released for iOS 5.0.1 and now the 4S... that's absorbed all the Dev Team's time. Perhaps we'll see an Unlock for the 4S sometime in the near future but, there's no telling when that might be.