What's new

iphone 4s unlock

foristality

Reaction score
Can an iPhone 4s locked to Fido be unlocked? Or any other carrier for that matter? 6.1.3

I would go to Fido and ask them if they can do it for you, usually they will say yes

Can these phones be unlocked with redsnow/cydia? Same procedure for all?

The 4S can only be unlocked via hardware or IMEI/carrier unlock. It is not susceptible to any software unlocks unless you have SAM tickets saved from 2 years ago

The 4S can only be unlocked via hardware or IMEI/carrier unlock. It is not susceptible to any software unlocks unless you have SAM tickets saved from 2 years ago

I am planning to buy used iphone 4s that is locked to vodafone (UK or Australia). I live in Canada.

would this method work?

unlocking your phone through websites?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97K8gtDK4E&feature=youtu.be

or w
ould I be able to call vodafone and see if they can unlock the phone for me?

The only services that we recommend here on iPhoneForums are through ApplenBerry and from your direct carrier. Any other sources are strictly at your own risk.

Is it easy to unlock iPhones? I remmeber and unlocked iPhone is pretty much expensive.

Is it easy to unlock iPhones? I remmeber and unlocked iPhone is pretty much expensive.

It depends. The 4S is probably the most expensive iPhone to unlock in general since it is a world phone meaning its 1 phone for all the bands (GSM, CDMA, etc) other than that, it's fairly reasonable. The next factor would be country and original carrier. Not all carriers supply unlocks and not all phones from all carriers can be unlocked. An example would be Japanese origin iPhones. They cannot be unlocked using legal methods like IMEI/carrier unlocks, and there are no real software unlocks.

Generally users purchase permanent unlocks, which takes up to 24 hours to process, and a simple reboot or deactivation and reactivation would make it usable on other carriers (no restores necessary).