What's new

how to unlock iPhone 4s

Maggie28

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently i've got iPhone 4s 5.1.1 and its locked to Vodafone UK. Can any one tell me please how do i unlock it.

Greetings
Maggie

Loads of shops around that unlock phones....

I don't think there is a unlock for the 4s on 5.1.1 only for the normal iphone 4.Not too sure though.

The Gevey Ultra S is the only "user end" unlock solution we recommend for the 4S. Yes, it does support ios 5.1.1 & ALL 4S Basebands. We suggest purchasing from Applenberry.com... as they are a trusted supplier.

Friend of mine told me to contact the cerrirer that the devise is locked to, so im waiting now a response from Vodafone if this doesent work will try with something else.

Thank you All for the responce and any other suggestions are welcomed :)))))

Friend of mine told me to contact the cerrirer that the devise is locked to, so im waiting now a response from Vodafone if this doesent work will try with something else.
Yes, Vodafone offers unlocking from their service if you're out of contract and your in good standing.

Yeah going to voda is probably the better choice as it will be a perm official unlock and not just for one firmware or dependant on what baseband youre on

Gevey's are pretty sensitive to their setup. Be sure that you're following the provided instructions... or the instructions on their website. Did you purchase the Gevey from Applenberry.com, as we suggested?

Yeah i got it from applenberry.com, and i folowed all the instructions it didnt work, i tryed other tips i found in the web again didnt work and when i was about to give up it suddenly started working. no welcoming screen messages no any other allerts nothing, just the bars came on top and it started. just i got lucky i think :) any way it works fine now :) (finaly)

And i want to thank you and every one else here for the support :) Thank you All :)

Awesome!! Glad it finally started working for you. :) I don't know from experience, but from conversations here at iPF, that the Gevey's can be a little fickle at times.

Hi Tomas,

friend of mine got iPhone 4s 5.1.1 and modem firmware 04.11.08, i told him to get gevey but when we read the description in there have list of modem firmware-s that supports and 04.11.08 is not in the list. what he should do in this case, does it means that he cant unlock with gevey?

Hi Tomas,

friend of mine got iPhone 4s 5.1.1 and modem firmware 04.11.08, i told him to get gevey but when we read the description in there have list of modem firmware-s that supports and 04.11.08 is not in the list. what he should do in this case, does it means that he cant unlock with gevey?