What's new

Iphone 4S trouble

ashfaq267

Reaction score
Hello i use an iphone 4Sjailbroken 5.0.1 OS, I bought it from my friend last month and he was using his network provider by 'sam' software. my provider was not the same and it was not taking the network even after doing 'sam' procedures. I read from some blog , to update the sam as the solution for this and uninstalled it from cydia in order to update it. After removing , by accident i clicked 'restart springboard' and phone ended in Activation screen. Again after reading some blog , I came to know we can by pass the activation screen by removing the setup app from application using a i-filebrowser. After doing this i get only a black screen with apple logo - please help how to get rid of it.when i click home and sleep button together i can hear screen shot tool working at this mode.
I also am not able to restore the ios using itunes

Please help , thanks a lot in advance

If i am at the wrong place , please guide me how to start a new thread --> I am new to this forums n stuffs , thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking.

Just a small hitch. Might be that when you deleted it, there was a conflict on your iPhone. Unplug your device, turn it off (black screen), then hold the volume up button, and turn the device on while holding the volume up button. Keep holding it until your iPhone boots up. See if it does this first. This puts your device into safe mode.

Hello and welcome to our community!
Glad you decided to join us. :)

Here's some handy links you might be interested in to improve, or enhance, your iPhone experience.
iPhone Tips
iOS 6 Tips
How to make custom ringtones

Interested in Jailbreaking, or needing some jailbreak related information?
What is jailbreaking?
DFU Mode for Dummies
The can I Jailbreak my iPhone on X.X.X Thread
Official Apple firmware download links

Also, please review our forums rules if you haven't already!
iPhoneForum.net Rules

Most of all, enjoy the forums!

Joe
iPhoneForums Administrator

Hello Jon,

Greetings!

Thank for your quick tip.unfortunately it doesn't seem working . Any other tips for me to try ? is it must that now i have a original carrier to activate this phone? i used to jailbreak my iphone 3 using sn0wbreeze (by making custom,hacktivated ios) , is something similar available for iphone 4s too?

Thanks

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking.

Just a small hitch. Might be that when you deleted it, there was a conflict on your iPhone. Unplug your device, turn it off (black screen), then hold the volume up button, and turn the device on while holding the volume up button. Keep holding it until your iPhone boots up. See if it does this first. This puts your device into safe mode.

I personally recommend steering clear of Sn0wBreeze. It is an option for jailbreaking and maintenance and such, but it's not as flawless as RedSn0w as there are quite a few bugs with Sn0wBreeze that it incorporates into the process. We might have to restore the iPhone to get this working again. You're going to need to see if you have the SHSH blobs for your device on Cydia's server. Now normally when retrieving blobs, your device has to be in the normal state. In our case, it might or might not be, but since you do hear the sound when taking a screen capture, we might be in the normal state with a bad com.springboard.plist

Download the latest version of TinyUmbrella here.

http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/tinyumbrella-6.01.01.exe

Now plug in your device to your computer. Let it boot. Then test again with a screen capture. If you hear the sound, proceed, otherwise, wait until you hear the sound of a screen capture to signify that your device is booted.

Once plugged in, on the top right of the screen, click on Save SHSH or Save All SHSH. If it's greyed out, skip the rest of this section and proceed to the next segment with that's headed off with "2##" below. Once you click on the button, in the center of the window, there should be a white box that has a few tabs. By default, you should be on the "General" tab. On the bottom of the window, there should be a loading bar.

1## Once you click on the Save SHSH button, give it about 20-30 seconds tops. You should see the loading bar move on the bottom, and something should appear on the white box in the center. Look for something alone the lines of "iPhone 4S 5.0.1" "iPhone 4S 5.1.1" "iPhone4,1 5.1.1" or "iPhone4,1 5.0.1". If you do see those, come back here with a reply. If not, click on the "Log" tab that should be next to the Generals tab. There should be a wall of text where TinyUmbrella is retrieving blobs based on the iOS versions from beginning to end. Then look for the ones something like the following:

You have saved your iPad2WIFI 6.0.1 (10A523) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version.

This is just an example. Replace the iPad2WIFI with iPhone4S. And replace the 6.0.1 with 5.0.1 and 5.1.1. Look for those. If it says the below instead, come back and reply with which ones are present and not present.

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4S 5.0.1 (10A5316k) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE

2## Now if the button is greyed out for Save SHSH, that means your device is not recognized in the normal state and we'll have to find the ECID for your device manually, put it into TinyUmbrella, then retrieve it manually like that. So to find the ECID of your device follow the steps below:
  1. Put your device into DFU mode
  2. Open your Device Manager, then look for the "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery or DFU mode) and right click it, then go to Properties.
  3. Click on the 'Details' tab
  4. Click on the arrow for the dropdown box, and select "Device Instance Path"
  5. There should be some text in the textbox now.
That text in the textbox is your ECID. You would have to narrow it down I believe since it's a bunch of gibberish. But your ECID should be 00000XXXXXXXXXXXX, where the X's are numbers and such. The cutoff is the - or the _ that follows after that line. Copy the textbook, then narrow down the ECID fragment that begins with 00000. Then copy the entire line, and go to TinyUmbrella, in the lower right hand, paste it into the "Manual ECID" box. Then click on Save SHSH on the top right again and it should work.

If you don't see the blobs at all as mentioned above in the section with the header '1##', come back with a reply that says that you didn't see the blobs for which iOS, or if you do see it for one of them, reply so.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can use ECID Grabber or USBView to find the ECID if TinyUmbrella does not recognize your device in the normal state as well.

Hello Jon,

I got below blobs from cydia thru tinyumbrella

• iPhone4S 5.1 (9B179)-4110552960398
  • iPhone4S 5.1.1 (9B206)-4110552960398
  • iPhone4S 6.0.1 (10A523)-4110552960398
from which i believe is 6.0.1 is of no use for me. Now i have below ipsw's also available with me.

iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
iPhone4,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw

I was on 5.0.1 can i restore it to 5.1.1 using redsn0w? if not possible can i restore the above 5.0.1 ipsw using the available blob , do i need to download ipsw for 9B179?

Thanks

I personally recommend steering clear of Sn0wBreeze. It is an option for jailbreaking and maintenance and such, but it's not as flawless as RedSn0w as there are quite a few bugs with Sn0wBreeze that it incorporates into the process. We might have to restore the iPhone to get this working again. You're going to need to see if you have the SHSH blobs for your device on Cydia's server. Now normally when retrieving blobs, your device has to be in the normal state. In our case, it might or might not be, but since you do hear the sound when taking a screen capture, we might be in the normal state with a bad com.springboard.plist

Download the latest version of TinyUmbrella here.

http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/tinyumbrella-6.01.01.exe

Now plug in your device to your computer. Let it boot. Then test again with a screen capture. If you hear the sound, proceed, otherwise, wait until you hear the sound of a screen capture to signify that your device is booted.

Once plugged in, on the top right of the screen, click on Save SHSH or Save All SHSH. If it's greyed out, skip the rest of this section and proceed to the next segment with that's headed off with "2##" below. Once you click on the button, in the center of the window, there should be a white box that has a few tabs. By default, you should be on the "General" tab. On the bottom of the window, there should be a loading bar.

1## Once you click on the Save SHSH button, give it about 20-30 seconds tops. You should see the loading bar move on the bottom, and something should appear on the white box in the center. Look for something alone the lines of "iPhone 4S 5.0.1" "iPhone 4S 5.1.1" "iPhone4,1 5.1.1" or "iPhone4,1 5.0.1". If you do see those, come back here with a reply. If not, click on the "Log" tab that should be next to the Generals tab. There should be a wall of text where TinyUmbrella is retrieving blobs based on the iOS versions from beginning to end. Then look for the ones something like the following:

You have saved your iPad2WIFI 6.0.1 (10A523) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version.

This is just an example. Replace the iPad2WIFI with iPhone4S. And replace the 6.0.1 with 5.0.1 and 5.1.1. Look for those. If it says the below instead, come back and reply with which ones are present and not present.

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4S 5.0.1 (10A5316k) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE

2## Now if the button is greyed out for Save SHSH, that means your device is not recognized in the normal state and we'll have to find the ECID for your device manually, put it into TinyUmbrella, then retrieve it manually like that. So to find the ECID of your device follow the steps below:
  1. Put your device into DFU mode
  2. Open your Device Manager, then look for the "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery or DFU mode) and right click it, then go to Properties.
  3. Click on the 'Details' tab
  4. Click on the arrow for the dropdown box, and select "Device Instance Path"
  5. There should be some text in the textbox now.
That text in the textbox is your ECID. You would have to narrow it down I believe since it's a bunch of gibberish. But your ECID should be 00000XXXXXXXXXXXX, where the X's are numbers and such. The cutoff is the - or the _ that follows after that line. Copy the textbook, then narrow down the ECID fragment that begins with 00000. Then copy the entire line, and go to TinyUmbrella, in the lower right hand, paste it into the "Manual ECID" box. Then click on Save SHSH on the top right again and it should work.

If you don't see the blobs at all as mentioned above in the section with the header '1##', come back with a reply that says that you didn't see the blobs for which iOS, or if you do see it for one of them, reply so.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can use ECID Grabber or USBView to find the ECID if TinyUmbrella does not recognize your device in the normal state as well.

Hello Jon, meanwhile i tried to restore the phone to 5.1.1 using itunes , it was keep giving some 3194, which i resolved by adding some line in the host file. now its stuck at Verifying Iphone restore with iphone...

You will not be able to restore to any iOS that's no longer being signed without first stitching your SHSH blobs to your IPSW, which was why I asked you to look for your blobs and report back because the method that you were going to try again will not work.

Download the latest version of RedSn0w here.

Windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
OSX: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Run RedSn0w as an administrator if you're a PC user. Then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for the iPhone 4S. Then next click on "Remote" under the segment that says "Blobs". Select Next and follow the on-screen instructions. There will be 2-3 prompt boxes that show up saying that your device's firmware will be updated and that everything will be deleted from your device (back up your device before doing so), and that your baseband will also be upgraded. Say yes that you're aware. Let it stitch the IPSW and restore.

If you get an error that the device was restored OTA and that the APTickets do not match/work for the build you're trying to restore to, that means you did not restore your iPhone after receiving it/opening it out of the box, and therefore you're on a factory installed version of iOS. OTA updated iOS's or factory installed iOS's cannot be re-restored using RedSn0w. If you do get this message, there is absolutely no way that you can restore to any iOS other than iOS 6.0.1. There are no hacks, glitches, exploits, backdoors, workarounds, cheats, downloads, etc, that you can utilize to do so.

Hello Jon,

I have already tried restoring ios 5.1.1 using redsn0w , but in vain.

Now as my last option i have to restore to 6.0.1 . After restoring to 6.0.1 , will i be able to jailbreak it?

Will i be able to downgrade to 5.1.1 ?

You will not be able to restore to any iOS that's no longer being signed without first stitching your SHSH blobs to your IPSW, which was why I asked you to look for your blobs and report back because the method that you were going to try again will not work.

Download the latest version of RedSn0w here.

Windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
OSX: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Run RedSn0w as an administrator if you're a PC user. Then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for the iPhone 4S. Then next click on "Remote" under the segment that says "Blobs". Select Next and follow the on-screen instructions. There will be 2-3 prompt boxes that show up saying that your device's firmware will be updated and that everything will be deleted from your device (back up your device before doing so), and that your baseband will also be upgraded. Say yes that you're aware. Let it stitch the IPSW and restore.

If you get an error that the device was restored OTA and that the APTickets do not match/work for the build you're trying to restore to, that means you did not restore your iPhone after receiving it/opening it out of the box, and therefore you're on a factory installed version of iOS. OTA updated iOS's or factory installed iOS's cannot be re-restored using RedSn0w. If you do get this message, there is absolutely no way that you can restore to any iOS other than iOS 6.0.1. There are no hacks, glitches, exploits, backdoors, workarounds, cheats, downloads, etc, that you can utilize to do so.

Thats a bummer!!
Is there any way that i could trick itunes to restore 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 ?

There are no hacks, glitches, exploits, backdoors, workarounds, cheats, downloads, etc, that you can utilize to do so.

Already mentioned.

Hello again!

Is there a way to find the simlock carrier. So at least i could check if activating by carrier Sim will bypass this logo screen. I remember my friend telling me that it was bought in Canada. I ain't able to contact him as i cannot access the contacts in the iPhone. If i could find the carrier , then i think its possible to get a carrier sim through ebay?

Another member asked a similar question as well. It's very hard to find the original carrier since the information that you extract about your iPhone's profiling will lead you to the current carrier. If your device is wiped and cleaned, I believe it should work. Plug your device in and run RedSn0w. Go to Extras > Even More > Identify, and identify your device. Look for your "CarrierBundleInfo: CFBundleName = X" X will represent your carrier. If it says "Unknown", that means it's unlocked. I've used it twice before a months back, but I'm not sure if it's still applicable now. You can give it a try.

Hello , Yippeee... Atlast i reached the main screen................... for my luck i took a backup of setup.app before deleting , now i made it as .ipa using itunes and installed using ifunbox. I hope this can be used as a cheat to bypass activation screen.

Now my itunes is showing
[h=1]The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported[/h]
and SAM doesn't seems to work , any other method to activate?