What's new

IOS 5.0.1 upgrade grayed out my songs:-((

gunzrool

Reaction score
Hi i need help!
After upgrading to ios 5 most of my songs are grayed out and dose not get updated.
I tried various solutions provided and discussed in many forums but none worked for me. Issue currently is that i have nearly 1300 songs on my iphone 4, when i connect to itunes i cannot see the list of songs but itunes shows the space consumed bu these songs.
I need help in deleting these songs of my iphone4 so that i can load them again and start listening to music.
Please help me!

Sam

Sounds like you are used to it being set on manually managing music and now that is turned off. Or that sync entire music library radio button is selected That all I can think of that would grey out the songs. Plug in your phone to iTunes and go in the settings on it and u will see these settings

Yes! I always manually manage my songs list. I will sync the library and see what happens

Thanks
Sam

I sort of fixed the music sync issue that i was facing.
I syncd the entire library once which caused to have duplicate tracks on my iphone. The entire library was saved twice on my iphone. Then, i could do anything to the music folder for a couple of days. Later! After a week i connected the phone thru the cable and removed sync music. At this instance all my tracks from the phone got deleted and i ince again had an empty music folder. Now i have syncd only the tracks that i often listen to and my track list do not consist of any grayed out tracks. Thanks for the suggestion and help

Happy Sam