What's new

Transfer songs from iPhone to another iPhone

susja

Reaction score
Hello,
I have iPhone 5 and need to transfer songs from it to iPhone 6. I can't use iTunes because I use Ubuntu and on Windows it failed to connect properly.
In other word I need a way to transfer from one iPhone to another iPhone without using iTunes. Note that my songs are not purchased from iTune but just uploaded from other sources.
I read many forums that suggested to use various apps but none of it worked for me.
I'd like to use iCloud to backup and restore but I don't see the option to backup only music. It backs up all content and it's not what I need.
Could someone advice how to transfer from one iPhone to another without iTunes.
Highly appreciate any advice.

I'm afraid that there's no way for you to transfer your music from your iPhone 5 to your iPhone 6 directly, without using iTunes. You're going to need iTunes on a computer to do it.

Well ... I was able to fix the issue with 'sync' and now it's not a problem anymore. While I was playing with iTunes ... I accidentally deleted my Music from old phone ... Well that's a not big deal ... but the thing that irritates me is that on a new phone I see 5 albums that I never downloaded. I can't delete it and I don't see those albums and songs in iTunes.

Well could you please tell me how to get rid of it? I really irritates me that I have something I don't want ...

Thanks

Well ... I was able to fix the issue with 'sync' and now it's not a problem anymore. While I was playing with iTunes ... I accidentally deleted my Music from old phone ... Well that's a not big deal ... but the thing that irritates me is that on a new phone I see 5 albums that I never downloaded. I can't delete it and I don't see those albums and songs in iTunes.

Well could you please tell me how to get rid of it? I really irritates me that I have something I don't want ...

Thanks
On the new phone go into the song list in your music app. Hold down on the song or album and slide your finger while holding down. You should see a delete button.

On the new phone go into the song list in your music app. Hold down on the song or album and slide your finger while holding down. You should see a delete button.
Thanks for reply but it didn't work for me.
I was able to find 'delete' option and delete some songs but they appeared again. I noticed that all song are in iCloud. Likely that's way I can't delete it.
Maybe I should simply delete my iCloud?

Thanks for reply but it didn't work for me.
I was able to find 'delete' option and delete some songs but they appeared again. I noticed that all song are in iCloud. Likely that's way I can't delete it.
Maybe I should simply delete my iCloud?
If the songs are in the cloud they're not on your iPhone, but in your purchased list, available to actually download. They can't be deleted from your purchased list.

Thanks for explanation.
I am positive that never bought any song before hence it is not clear to me how it get there. Anyway .... What does it mean for me? I have no choice do get rid of it? I already deleted backup in iCloud and etc. but it is still in Music app. Could I restore my phone? Will it help me?
It just irritate me
And thanks again

Thanks for explanation.
I am positive that never bought any song before hence it is not clear to me how it get there. Anyway .... What does it mean for me? I have no choice do get rid of it? I already deleted backup in iCloud and etc. but it is still in Music app. Could I restore my phone? Will it help me?
It just irritate me
And thanks again
Try going to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Show All and make sure the music switch is set to off(slide it to the left). That way any music not actually on your iPhone will not show in the music app.

In iTunes when you sync your phone click on option : sync only checked songs, not the whole album , and in PC iTunes check which songs you want to sync.

Sent from my [emoji336][emoji642][emoji809]using Tapatalk

You can add to iTunes any song downloaded from anywhere, just when you sync your iphone go to tools and click add a song to library

Sent from my [emoji336][emoji642][emoji809]using Tapatalk

Thanks for explanation.
It just irritate me
And thanks again

Are these songs by U2? If so then go here for removal instructions:

Remove iTunes gift album Songs of Innocence from your iTunes music library and purchases - Apple Support

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk