What's new

Need help with iPhone activation

J

joe012594

Ok guys I have the Verizon iPhone 4S and when the SAM unlock tool came out I unlocked it to a GoPhone sim. I wasn't aware you had to save the tickets for activation so I don't have the ticket for it, however, everytime I restore my phone itunes says my phone has been successfully unlocked and to register it so obviously the SAM unlock had some after effects to my phone. I know the SAM unlock tool no longer works but I installed it on my phone again for the hell of it and tried to reactivate it on GoPhone but with no luck. My phone does load the ATT_US carrier bundle, show's the "4G" data icon, show's signal bars, and shows AT&T is loaded in settings > general. The only problem is phone calls don't work, texting doesn't work, nor does data. Is there anything I can do to get this fully working rather than partially or do I need the gevey sim? Thanks in advanced for any help.

I don't think that SAM has some after effects to your phone after restore. Restore wipes out everything, including SAM. But since you say that every time you do the restore you get the message that the phone is unlocked, that should mean only one thing.....it's SIM FREEEEEEEE.
To check that go the net and find some IMEI checkers. There are a few of those on the net. If you get status unlocked, than you are sure it is SIM FREEE.

Last edited:
I don't think that SAM has some after effects to your phone after restore. Restore wipes out everything, including SAM. But since you say that every time you do the restore you get the message that the phone is unlocked, that should mean only one thing.....it's SIM FREEEEEEEE.
To check that go the net and find some IMEI checkers. There are a few of those on the net. If you get status unlocked, than you are sure it is SIM FREEE.

As much as I would love for that to be true, it's not. Like I said above. The service loads but it doesn't activate through iTunes and talk, text, and web does not work.