What's new

iphone 4s stuck in recovey mode after attemp with ios 6 update NEEED!!!! HELP!!!!

Try using iFaith to dump the SHSH blobs off of your device. Fish out the iOS 6.0 blobs and create a custom IPSW and see if restoring that custom IPSW would work. Or if you have the iOS 6.0.1 blobs, use that.

-1 refers mainly to the baseband chipset problem, but can also be linked to other hardware problems. Make sure when you're restoring that you put your device into DFU mode. If possible, put the device into DFU mode and try restoring again using iTune's Shift+Click Restore function and point it to a clean IPSW downloaded off of this site or if you have the IPSW downloaded through iTunes, use that.

Were can i get an ifaith download that supports iphone 4s and 5.1.1 to ios 6 compatible.

mcarey242 said:
Were can i get an ifaith download that supports iphone 4s and 5.1.1 to ios 6 compatible.

I'm not sure if ifaith supports the iPhone 4S on ios 6, but I am 100% sure that Tiny Umbrella has been updated to support ios 6 and can download the shsh's you need.

i have had same problem, i got -1 error when i upgrading to ios6

iFaiths latest version should work. I just did it for one of my colleagues for his 4S the other day

Can I make a iphone 4 6.0.1 custom firmware using redsnow and put that on my iphone 4s to boot it up and use as an ipod until i can change my firmware and have a supported iphone 4s redsnow with custom IPSW working for iphone 4s.

There are no customs for 4s as BB preservation mode. No, you cant, it wont install. With 4s your bb will always rise, even if you stay at the same ios. Why do you want 6.0.1? 5.1.1 is far stable if you ask me. Its mentioned few times how to restore with redsnow.

Most boot problems can be solved with a patching of the kernel. Unfortunately for the A5+ on iOS 6+, we don't have a jailbreak meaning no boot exploit if any for that iOS. Error 1 is a bricked error. You can try using a preserved baseband IPSW to restore through Pwned DFU mode to see if you can fix that. Otherwise, you'll need the baseband chipset replaced to get it unbricked.

How do i do this. Because redsnow doesnt support most things such as CF ipsw. What would i need for this? And does Error (-1) mean that my bb is was damaged though the ios 6 update attempt? And i wish i could re-restore to 5.1.1 but i dont have the blobs. And redsnow says my firmware is still 5.1.1 because the update didnt finish.