What's new

iphone 4s stuck in recovery mode HELP!!!

my iphone 4s sent itself into recovery mode and is on the connect to itunes screen, i have tried to restore my phone but it will not due to "error 2001" i have tried solutions i have found on the internet, sadly with no sucess, anyone have any ways to get around the error, or even force it out of recovery mode, thanks

Did you try putting it in DFU mode?

• Plug your device into your computer
  • Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Wake or Power button and swiping it off
  • Hold the power button for 3 seconds
  • Begin holding the Home button without releasing the Sleep/Power button for 10 seconds
  • Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you get a popup from iTunesthat your device is recognized as being in recovery mode.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, benrab17!

Error 2001 points to a problem with the USB connection.

If you haven't done this yet:
Try different cables to connect your iPhone to the computer, use a different USB port, connect your device to a different computer.

Hope that helps.

t

• Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Wake or Power button and swiping it off
  • Begin holding the Home button without releasing the Sleep/Power button for 10 seconds
  • Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you get a popup from iTunesthat your device is recognized as being in recovery mode.

yes i have any other suggestions? thanks anyway

Welcome to iPhoneForums, benrab17!

Error 2001 points to a problem with the USB connection.

If you haven't done this yet:
Try different cables to connect your iPhone to the computer, use a different USB port, connect your device to a different computer.

Hope that helps.
yes i have tried this thanks anyway any other suggestions?

my iphone 4s sent itself into recovery mode and is on the connect to itunes screen, i have tried to restore my phone but it will not due to "error 2001" i have tried solutions i have found on the internet, sadly with no sucess, anyone have any ways to get around the error, or even force it out of recovery mode, thanks

I did see a lot of people seem to be having this error the fixes I read said that you need a new battery. Google error 2001 and battery. Maybe that is your problem?

yes i have tried this thanks anyway any other suggestions?
It's possible that there's a fault in the docking connector. If you have an Apple Store nearby, make a Genius Bar appointment and have a diagnostic check done.

I did see a lot of people seem to be having this error the fixes I read said that you need a new battery. Google error 2001 and battery. Maybe that is your problem?
ok thanks i will have a look