What's new

iPhone 4S stuck in recovery loop (tinyumbrella doesn't work)

luthien

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'll be grateful if you could help me out. Sorry for my english by the way.

A year ago i jailbroke my iphone 4s. I didn't restore nor update it (via itunes or ota) before i did it. After a couple of months i tried to restore and update but it didn't work. I got "3194 error" constantly. I tried redsn0w (i got the ipsw and the blobs), but it didn't work either. Recently i saw a cydia tweak named "iLEX RAT" i tried it and it worked. Then i tried restoring on itunes again, but it failed as always. So i tried updating to 6.1.3, it seemed like it's working but in the middle of the process i got "error 16". Then it got stuck in recovery mode. I tried everything; tinyumbrella, iREB, redsn0w... it doesn't work. When i click exit recovery on tinyumbrella, apple logo appears, then it disappears and it appears again as if the phone can't even start. I can't restore, i can't do anything. Please help me this thread is my only hope right now. I dug into evey forum and every thread still i couldn't find anything.

Btw i forgot to say that my version is 5.0.1 (9A406)

Put the device into DFU mode and restore it. You cannot selectively restore using blobs on the 4S, which is why you're getting 3194.

Do you mean i cannot shift+select my ipsw? Should i just click restore? Ok i'll give it a try. Thanks

I tried redsn0w (i got the ipsw and the blobs), but it didn't work either.

I assumed that you were attempting to restore to an iOS selectively since you said IPSW and blobs. You can shift+click restore in DFU mode.

No, i can't. I tried and failed many times. The phone's in DFU mode. I'm sure, when i open redsn0w it detects an DFU mode device. But itunes keeps giving the same error when i try to shift+click my ipsw file. Right now i'm tyring to restore and update on another pc. Hope it works.

3194 can also be a host issue. Remove any gs.apple.com from your host file, flush your DNS, and delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory as your host file. Then retry.

Ok i solved the problem. I restored without shift+clicking on another computer. Thanks to everyone :)