What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

What do you have to do to get your 4s factory unlocked? I have the AT&T model.

What do you have to do to get your 4s factory unlocked? I have the AT&T model.

You either buy it factory unlocked or factory locked. You purchased yours factory locked it will always be factory lock until you finish the contract and your carrier factory unlock it for you. Now you can unlock your factory locked iPhone but till date there is no solution to it. Got to wait some more time.

First off....is mine factory unlocked if I bought it from Apple.com (pre-launchday)? Secondly, is this JB going to let us do whatever we want to do with our iPhones...like add more widgets to our phone as shown in this video?

...or this

...or this

I'd like to do add and perhaps even help create cool things to do or add to our iPhones...this is my first iPhone, and I was a Developer of custom ROMS for Android at one point, and would like to start in with the best of the best. The iPhone 4S. I do NOT want to go back to Android...I just would like all the goodies in these vids and more, and wondering if the above mentioned JB for iOS 5.0.1 will give me this....?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait don't get me wrong I prefer paying for apps for the stability and knowing it gets updated through the app store but I only jailbreak for the tweaks not the free apps :) hurry hurry hurry

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I think that maybe by Sunday we might be seeing a jailbreak, fingers crossed

@planetbeing and @sarik just scape the sandbox together and the release should be in a matter of days now!

I say Sunday because it not a very popular day for releases, so maybe we will get lucky. Or it could take another two weeks lol
I can't wait for that day though, because with a jailbreak, comes an unlock :)

I say Sunday because it not a very popular day for releases, so maybe we will get lucky. Or it could take another two weeks lol
I can't wait for that day though, because with a jailbreak, comes an unlock :)

you never know! with pod2g's blog it makes you hopeful that a jailbreak will be released very soon, IF they don't run into more complications but it does not seem likely that they will with a full team of devs working on the jailbreak.

I dont unlock but..

because with a jailbreak, comes an unlock

That is never really the case! with the iphone of 2007 it was and maybe the iphone 3G but by the iphone 3G I was buying nothing but factory unlocked devices as soon as they where available..

with the iphone 4 the only time we saw an unlock was on baseband 01.59 so its not easy at all to unlock the devices and hopefully the devs will find a way to unlock more basebands then they found with the iphone 4..

but honestly I am against unlocking,I think its pointless of course for those who want to save money is all good and well but the carriers who lose tens of thousands from people who buy the device from them cheaper and use it for another carrier imo is the same as stealing, so for me its factory unlocked or nothing at all.

plus most carriers will do unlocks now depending on where you are and what carrier you use.

My 4s was a gift from my mother, she is in America and I currently in the Dominican republic. I asked her for a factory unlock model but I received this one instead. I would love to use it as my main phone and that's why I'm looking for an unlock, unless there is another way around it.

there are no unlock solutions for the 4S atm, only real solution would be to take it back and get an unlocked one or you could wait and hope its not long before you can unlock it