What's new

iPhone 4s (IOS5) deletes emails

indohs

Reaction score
Set up mail on iphone 4s, ipad2 and imac with identical settings. Mail is received on all three devices. But on iphone, after a few hours, all emails disappear--totally gone, not in trash, nowhere to be found on iphone. But all messages remain on ipad and imac. Did not have this problem with 3Gs. Have deleted mail accounts and re-entered them several times, but issue still continues. Went to the "Genius" bar and all that happened was that the "Genius" screwed up my mail account settings, which I've since fixed.

Any advice out there?

I am a new iphone user and just activated my new iphone 4s yesterday and I'm having the same problem. I have 2 email accounts on my phone and when I pull down email it comes in fine and then after a short period of time all emails are gone as well, not in the trash and nowhere to be found on the iphone. I have played with all settings and can't seem to fix the problem. I would also like to know how to fix this problem.

I was having the same problem (which is what brought me to this page). Emails would show up in my iphone, but then disappear after a short time.

I had recently upgraded to an IMAP account (extra 50 cents per month to godaddy) so I wouldn't get in a bind when I accidentally left my email open on my computer. I changed my account to IMAP on my iphone, but had not done anything to my Outlook email on my desktop which was still on pop3. I have now updated my Outlook account as well, and so far, my emails are now staying both in Outlook and on my iphone.

My guess is that having both an IMAP and POP3 accounts with the same email address might have been what caused the problem. We'll see if it continues to work correctly throughout the day tomorrow...