What's new

iphone 4s factory unlock cydia

arslan_sweeto1

Reaction score
Hey guys, my friend has iphone 4s factory unlocked. he wants to install cydia in it.
the process should be something like this

STEPS:

1. Backup the iphone with itunes.
2. Install 6.1 if not pre installed.
3. Jailbreak with evasi0n.

and thats all ?
or am i missing something there

i also have some queries

1. what if i am connecting my freind's iphone with my pc & itunes for very first time for BACKUP . will it allow me to backup ?
2. provided that he doesnot have blobs, this is the only safe way to get cydia. going through evasion .is it?

Hey guys, my friend has iphone 4s factory unlocked. he wants to install cydia in it.
the process should be something like this

STEPS:

1. Backup the iphone with itunes.
2. Install 6.1 if not pre installed.
3. Jailbreak with evasi0n.

and thats all ?
or am i missing something there

i also have some queries

1. what if i am connecting my freind's iphone with my pc & itunes for very first time for BACKUP . will it allow me to backup ?
2. provided that he doesnot have blobs, this is the only safe way to get cydia. going through evasion .is it?

6.1.2 for step 2. That's all there is to it.

1) It should allow you to backup. If it asks for you to restore, then you have to authorize the PC you're using for his iPhone. Go to the Store tab and select "Authorize this PC" and backup the iPhone

2) You don't need SHSH blobs for jailbreaking. You also cannot selectively restore to iOS 6.1 on the 4S, which is why I said 6.1.2 for step 2. Follow the instructions in Evasi0n and you'll jailbreak the device.

so what you r saying is backup, update to 6.1.2 and evasion . 3 steps. right ?>

1. For backup, you are suggesting that i have to connect the iphone, authorize the pc i am using for first time and then backup the phone .. is it ?

2. what do you mean by " you cannot selectively restore to iOS 6.1 on 4s ?" what do you mean by that. can u please elaborate

3. is there any baseband issue in iphone 4 while udpating and jailbreaking or any other issue to look after at during the process?

ps. do this same applies to iphone 4 also ?

1) If iTunes is asking you to restore the device before it can be used with your PC, then yes, you will need to authorize. If not, just ignore it.

2) iOS 6.1 =/= iOS 6.1.1 or iOS 6.1.2. 6.1 is a completely different iOS in itself. iOS 6.1 is no longer being signed, only iOS 6.1.2 is. In order to restore to an iOS that's no longer being signed, you must have SHSH blobs for that iOS for that particular device that you have. Plus, your device must have an exploit that allows you to restore to a custom iOS, which the iPhone 4S does not have.

3) If you're factory unlocked, your baseband doesn't matter.

No, the iPhone 4 operates under a different set of rules in terms of restoring to an iOS selectively. You can selectively restore to an iOS as long as you have blobs because the iPhone 4 is susceptible to the LimeRa1n exploit which allows you to upgrade and downgrade as you please. The iPhone 4 is the last iPhone that's able to upgrade and downgrade as you please if you have blobs.

As for unlocking, all factory/IMEI unlocks have no baseband requirements. The only time your baseband matters is if you're using a software unlock (UltraSn0w) or if you're using an interposer as your source of unlock such as the Gevey SIM or the R-SIM

So what the jist of discussion is to backup the device, install 6.1.2 from itunes and run evasion.

and what procedure to follow in the case of iphone 4 .. if it is also factory unlocked.?

The procedure is the same. But in the original post, you specifically said iOS 6.1, so I'm taking into account that you're looking to restore to specifically iOS 6.1, which was why I included the portion about SHSH blobs. If your device is an iPhone 4 and you want to iOS 6.1 as in six point zero and not a single iOS above or below it, then you can restore to iOS 6.1 selectively assuming you have blobs. If you're referring to iOS 6.1.2, then disregard the SHSH blob portions.

I don't have blobs for the device.
That's why I want to upgrade it to iOS that doesn't require blobs.
Please suggest the iOS version to which I can update the device without having blobs issue. If its iPhone 4 or 4s

iphone 4s and iphone 4 both ?
simply backup, restore using itune with 6.1.2 and run evasion. thats it ?