What's new

Factory unlock/reset

Reaction score
AT&T Iphone 4s was resest to factory settings. I only have t-mobile sim card. On start up I select language then country. I then have to connect it to itunes and when i do that the screen says [h=1]There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate.[/h]
Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone.

CAN I JUST INSERT MY T-MOBILE SIM CARD NOW?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Put the card in (with the phone off). Then, just turn it back on.

By the way, I deleted your two other threads you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

bear7962

Reaction score
Factory settings is not the same an unlock. AT & T would need to unlock the iphone. If they have, then itunes will tell you your phone is unlocked. Try putting the T-mobile sim in your phone and see if it works.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oops! Good catch, bear. You are right - factory settings is NOT unlocking. My bad.

So please, 123, try the SIM card. But, as bear says, if its not unlocked by the carrier - resetting to factory will affect nothing. Sorry.

Marilyn