What's new

iPhone 4s battery

cockroach

Reaction score
Hello Apple pros,

Long story short, my iPhone 4s was sitting unused for a week on a shelf, and when I checked it to see if it needed a charge, it was swollen. The back and display split from the body. Apple wants me to pay 30 euros (I could find a 4s for 45 euros) which is too much, so I will replace the battery myself. I can get a genuine apple battery from ebay, but are there any non genuine ones that are better? Surely there are some with newer tech and more mAh stuffed into the same size?

Thank you for your suggestion.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Long answer short: no.
There might be better batteries, but they won't fit into the iPhone 4s. You can't use the battery of a similar device, because they are different inside. Even if the are changes are minimal, you can't use a different battery.

Here's hoping you had it backed up, if you have lots of information on it.
Good luck

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Long answer short: no.
There might be better batteries, but they won't fit into the iPhone 4s. You can't use the battery of a similar device, because they are different inside. Even if the are changes are minimal, you can't use a different battery.
What if the battery was taped to the back and had the pins connected in order? In theory it should work as I've done it before.. I've started a separate thread for that topic iPhone 4s mod.