What's new

EASY battery change-out for iPhone 4s

ffarl

Reaction score
Hey Gang,
I'm relatively new to things around here, so I'm sure there's been a discussion about this before, but I wanted to share. My battery life on my 4s had been suffering for a while, so I went looking for a replacement. What I found on Amazon.com was about $4 so I was naturally skeptical. Seems like it should be at least $25, but I thought as long as I saved my original, no harm done. Here's the link:

Amazon.com: iPhone 4s Battery Replacement: Cell Phones & Accessories

To make a long story short, I got it, followed the instructions (and it came with all the tools necessary!) and about 4 minutes later, problem solved! I was amazed and a week later it seems to be doing fine.

Just thought I'd share!

Well, the reason I replaced it is because it was BAD on my original batter. I could go to bed with 70% and wake up with the phone shut down. I only sleep about 7 hours, and I'm not running any crazy apps while I sleep.

As far as I can tell, the new battery has returned things to about where they were when the phone was new. Granted, the longer we have our phones, the more stuff we have running on them, so it might be hard to gain back the original battery life, but if it's not there, it's dang close. I charge it at my desk at work, and I still have some battery left when I get back to my desk in the morning.

Hope that helps!