What's new

"juice" charging case?

Hi there! I have a 2000 mah one, defo worth having in my purse (even though with all day use and battery drainage of 4s i still havent had to use it!)

i use dexim/mophie/boost all three work great, only negative is it makes the phone almost as big as a droid razr. a little negative i can live with for the extra battery power.

From another thread elsewhere where an electrical engineer type explained it---these cases are only about 70% efficient. Since the iPhone has a 1480 mah battery I believe, I have the Mophie Juice Pack Plus from Best Buy ($99). It is 2100 mah, which at 70% efficiency, transfers 1400 mah to my iPhone when I flip the switch. It has taken me from 6% to 100% in a couple hours with a little left. It charges with any micro-usb wall charger, and it appropriately charges the PHONE battery first, then the case. I don't have it on all the time but typically use it on my couple "long" days a week. Put it on in the morning, need to flip the switch by late afternoon/evening and it gets me through the long day of moderate usage. I actually LIKE the feel of the satin black case, which does NOT attract lint with my pocket carry. I like the heft and feel also. I recommend it. If you don't need a case, check out newtrent.com and their various external battery offerings. Very good reviews on the Newtrent products.