What's new

How to know if Iphone battery is performing correctly?

natesfitness

Reaction score
I just picked up my shiny new Iphone 4 yesterday. I charged it up and synced it, screwed around a bit then plugged it in over night. I used it lightly for an hour or so in the morning, when I checked my mail acouple hours later my battery life was down to about 85%. I just wanted to see if this is normal or if it seems like excessive battery use. I did adjust my screen brightness to 50% after this. The battery seems to be around 80% now (5pm) or so after just some light use today.

Is there a test to see if my battery is running like it should?

*It should be noted that I do have ocd when it comes to these kind of things.

There are things you can turn off in your phone to make the battery last longer, like checking for mail, do it manually, turn off push notifications... the list goes on.

I checked out a lot of the tips for extending your battery life. My concern is the battery I have running correctly?

OCD, yes!! No worries though. Your battery usage in the first few days may seem more problematic than what you'll see later. Just charge the phone fully, let the phone dwindle down to around 20%, then recharge, etc. You'll see that the charge status gets better as you use the phone, especially if you let it go way down, then charge back up. After that, you'll be fine!

Don't forget to turn off your running apps when not in use.

OCD, yes!! No worries though. Your battery usage in the first few days may seem more problematic than what you'll see later. Just charge the phone fully, let the phone dwindle down to around 20%, then recharge, etc. You'll see that the charge status gets better as you use the phone, especially if you let it go way down, then charge back up. After that, you'll be fine!

Don't forget to turn off your running apps when not in use.

I know I have a problem :eek: I'll run it right down tonight and charge it up tomorrow. I also downloaded an app called "Battery Pro" it looks like it got some pretty good reviews on extending battery life.

If iPhone or iPod touch is very low on power, it may display one of the following images indicating that the device needs to charge for up to ten minutes before you can use it. If the device is extremely low on power, the display may be blank for up to two minutes before one of the low-battery images appears. If you don't see the white charging or plug icons, your iPhone or iPod touch may be connected with a FireWire cable. Disconnect the FireWire cable and connect the iPhone or iPod touch to a USB cable or dock. See the Additional Information section, below.