What's new

iPhone 4S battery issues

I had the same issue on my 16GB 4S. I did everything I could (shut down apps, reboot, full restore, etc...).
Nothing worked. My battery life on standby was 5 hours. I took it to the Apple store yesterday. They ran a 2 minute diagnostic and gave me a brand new phone. I asked for more details about what happened to my old phone, but got a bunch of waffle. I decided to quit while I was ahead and take the new phone.

pvanosta said:
I had the same issue on my 16GB 4S. I did everything I could (shut down apps, reboot, full restore, etc...).
Nothing worked. My battery life on standby was 5 hours. I took it to the Apple store yesterday. They ran a 2 minute diagnostic and gave me a brand new phone. I asked for more details about what happened to my old phone, but got a bunch of waffle. I decided to quit while I was ahead and take the new phone.

I never did know the standby battery life. How did you figure out the standby time? Is that when the battery is at 100% charged?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Since upgrading to ios 5.1 my battery life has greatly improved. It is significantly better. By a lot. I hope it's the same for others but pretty satisfied finally that apple seems to have addressed the issue.