What's new

Help with iPhone 4S

entractiv

Reaction score
I bought my iPhone from a Sam's Club in November and have had no problems with it. 3 days ago it started randomly shutting down on me. Every time I have had over 50% battery left. When I try to power it back in it shows the battery with a red bar indicating that the battery is dead. The moment I plug it in the battery reads the percentage it did when it shut off on me (anywhere from 56% - 66%). Does anyone have any suggestions? Since i have had it for 3 months do I contact the Sam's club where I bought it from to see about getting a replacement or do I need to contact my phone carrier about that first? Any help would be appreciated.

First, do a complete cycling before. And then hard reset the iPhone. If still having that issue then factory restore it and make sure nothing helps before taking it to Apple.

Let me start by saying, that I have an iPhone 4S 64gb, version 5.0.1 (9A405), Model MD381LL; I've jailbroken my device and I have the following internal applicaitons on my phone: The Action Menu, Activator, Barrel, CyDelete, DeepEnd, LockInfo, ScrollingBoard, Slider Pro, and WinterBoard so far, it didn't take me long to familarize myself with these downloads and of course, there are so many other options; however, there's some conflicts I'm facing; for example, my WinterBoard has all these options that I've checked off, and don't see the end result after I "Re-spring", the LockInfo application disappears sometimes when I down load other applications and I find myself installing it again, I've tried uninstalling the Slider Pro and and won't uninstall, so these are the issues that I'm having so far with the above internal applications, can anyone explain what's going on; thanks!

There is a thread going on the forum about cydia compatible apps/tweaks for iOS 5 I think that you should take a look at that thread in case you are installing everything anyhow from cydia. At this point, I guess that you will have to factory restore it then JB again.

I thik you have to restore it again, or else go to the gallery ti show it if it is in getting more issue..

Before going to gallery try the new battery..

thank You

Thanks for the info; I've been down loading applications that say OS 4S and some iOS 5, hum, I'm starting to wonder if I should just stick to applications that are iOS 5, as oppose to, anything else; what do you think?

stick with the apps which are mentioned to be compatible with the iOS 5.

Let me start by saying, that I have an iPhone 4S 64gb, version 5.0.1 (9A405), Model MD381LL; I've jailbroken my device and I have the following internal applicaitons on my phone: The Action Menu, Activator, Barrel, CyDelete, DeepEnd, LockInfo, ScrollingBoard, Slider Pro, and WinterBoard so far, it didn't take me long to familarize myself with these downloads and of course, there are so many other options; however, there's some conflicts I'm facing; for example, my WinterBoard has all these options that I've checked off, and don't see the end result after I "Re-spring", the LockInfo application disappears sometimes when I down load other applications and I find myself installing it again, I've tried uninstalling the Slider Pro and and won't uninstall, so these are the issues that I'm having so far with the above internal applications, can anyone explain what's going on; thanks!

Please don't hijack threads.

To the OP, have you had a chance to run the battery down, hard reset, and then try a factory restore as recommended? Assuming you have and it hasn't helped, do you have insurance on the phone?

I haven't had a chance to run the battery down since the problem started because it shuts down at anywhere from 50%-70% and won't work until I plug it back in and charge it. I did do a restore through iTunes again yesterday and now the battery stays at 100% and never goes down. Standby for 20 hours now, 4 hours of use and still 100%! Either this the greatest phone EVER or there is definitely an issue!