What's new

Iphone 4s Battery!

Shayla

Reaction score
Yesterday my iphone was fully charged before i left home when i cane home after 4hours it had 10% battery!! :S
My iphone randomly since yesterday will use up battery during stand by :S i havent installed any new apps or games since last week and a few days ago it was prefect!
I brought my iphone 4s 16gb on January and never had a problem with it
Plus the battery is going fast, i'll leave my iphone on the desk and check 10mins later and it would 5 - 10% battery less!
Helppp? Its not jailbroken
Sorry about my english!

I've only used it 3 hours and its 33%
:S before i was able to use it all day till it became 33% and now just by leaving it locked with all the apps closed it uses battery when it never did ://

Attachments

• $image-426664096.jpg
    $image-426664096.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 268
Shayla said:
I've only used it 3 hours and its 33%
:S before i was able to use it all day till it became 33% and now just by leaving it locked with all the apps closed it uses battery when it never did ://

It may not be about installing apps, it may be about settings being changed. It's sounding like you have an app that is constantly polling information in the background. constant communication with a server can eat up battery power. Have you gone through and checked all of your settings?

Yesterday my iphone was fully charged before i left home when i cane home after 4hours it had 10% battery!! :S
My iphone randomly since yesterday will use up battery during stand by :S i havent installed any new apps or games since last week and a few days ago it was prefect!
I brought my iphone 4s 16gb on January and never had a problem with it
Plus the battery is going fast, i'll leave my iphone on the desk and check 10mins later and it would 5 - 10% battery less!
Helppp? Its not jailbroken
Sorry about my english!

In order to fix this battery problem of yours (in case no settings you change do)...you need to first verify whether it's hardware issue....or a software issue.

There is only *one* way to do that.

DFU restore on iTunes...and *setup as new iphone*.

You MUST not restore from backup. Restoring from backup could just put the problem back on the phone again...thus defeating the purpose of restoring.

It is wise to never restore from a backup *when the reason you are restoring is to resolve a problem*. As I said...just defeats the purpose of *truly* trouble shooting.

Thanks, i guess thats my only option setting up as new iphone :/ is there any way i can have my apps photos etc if i set up as new iphone?

Shayla said:
Thanks, i guess thats my only option setting up as new iphone :/ is there any way i can have my apps photos etc if i set up as new iphone?

Yes.

Just transfer apps to iTunes.
Plug in iPhone, open iTunes
Right click on your device name in the left tab
Click "Transfer Purchases".
Wait for transfer to finish.

Photos....if you have Photo Stream on the Photo Stream will load pictures of the last 30 days.

If you don't like to use Photo Stream...then you can use some other cloud service.

I use Dropbox.

Male a Dropbox account.
Download the Dropbox app from the AppStore.
Open it, sign in

Tap the "Uploads" tab
Allow location.
Tap the "+".
Choose photos from Camera Roll.

Now no matter what...Dropbox will have this pictures always...

It is best to upload pictures on wifi....the picture quality is not the greatest when uploading/loading pictures over 3G data.

I set it up as new iphone and added my apps and photos and left it locked for around 4 hours and when i came back it has the same battery percentage just 1% less.
Thank Youu!
Lets hope it stays like this. :)