What's new

iPhone 4s AT&T locked, BASEBAND unlock for europe possible?

Druzhnik

Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm looking for some help.
I bought 2 new iphone 4s in the USA (AT&T locked) for christmas, I thought that unlocking them would be easy,so I could use them in Europe.
But after 3 months I still can't find any unlocking solutions over the internet,so the iphones are useless ( expensive ipod touch...)
Everytime i'm looking on google for options i find the following:
- fake websites offering unlocking software.
- sim-adapters,they claim that it will let your europe simcard work on the 4s without any software changes,do they work?
- comments on websites that it will never work
- comments on websites that it will work on 5.1

Will there ever be an unlock for the iphone 4s AT&T? (i'm not looking for an official unlock,because I know that it doesnt excist)
Is it just better to sell these phones or will there be any unlock solution?
Thanks in Advance!

You can Unlock your 4S if you're on Baseband 1.0.11, 1.0.13 or 1.0.14, using the Gevey Ultra S sim Interposer.

It says modem firmware 1.0.13, is that the baseband?
Wil this gevey ultra S really work? on the website they say that they're working on a solution to let it work on 5.1 ,so is it better to wait?

Druzhnik said:
It says modem firmware 1.0.13, is that the baseband?
Wil this gevey ultra S really work? on the website they say that they're working on a solution to let it work on 5.1 ,so is it better to wait?

Yes that's your Baseband. From what we've seen it does work. Now, as far as reviews I haven't heard any positive or negative. Waiting for it to work on iOS 5.1.... that's a whole different BB that what the Ultra S works on right now. If you're looking to unlock I'd suggest going w/ it now.