What's new

At&t iphone 4s in india

karan16000

Reaction score
iam karan arora from india. next month iam going to USA and.. thinking to buy an iphone 4s AT&T 16GB. its only 199$ is it true??
if i buy and came back to india.. is any software will unlock my device from AT&T?

Well karan... if you're buying it directly from Apple or At&t the $199 price is w/ a 2 year service agreement w/ At&t. Is this who you're purchasing it from? As far as unlocking goes... there isn't a software unlock tool available for the 4S as of yet. The only options are Sim interposers.

I just got a replacement iPhone4S last week and it came installed with ios 5.0.1 not 5.1. So it just may be possible if u purchase a new one it may come with 5.0.1.

Hi,

I recently bought the Iphone 4s from US which is locked to AT&T. It comes with Base Band 5.1. On Saturday I spent the whole day trying to get an unlock in Mumbai. Some of the shopkeepers suggested I go for company unlock. The cost is Rs.6000 to be paid in advance. the code will come after 20 days. However, some said that it is not available for 4s 5.1 band. even the gevey (turbo) is not available. I am now thinking of telling my brother to get the gevey ultra sversion 1.6 which is suppose to work with 4s 5.1 band. It is available on its website GEVEY Ultra S unlock iPhone 4S iOS 5.0, 5.01 baseband (modem firmware) 1.0.11, 1.0.13, 1.0.14

So now I feel that I am stuck and will need to wait for some time.