What's new

iPhone 4S 5.0.1 3G / UMTS Only - Not Working

Castel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

When I did own my "old" iPhone 4, the best tweak I did use was the possibility to tell the phone to only use the 3G/UMTS mode.
I use this because on work the reception is bad and the phone choose EDGE instead. But there is actually 3G available, but the phone thinks is to weak.

However I did the changes in the csidata file so the phone only use 3G/UMTS and it did work great!
Today I have done it to my 4S. But the phone do pending between 2G and 3G/UTMS. Why?

I do really like this feature. And I think this should be a stock function. Just as in all other phones!

Someone have any clue? Or solution.

How I did on the iPhone 4 and the 4S
Guide

First install Cydia through iFile, launch the program and follow the following path:
/ Var / wireless / Library / Preferences /
2. We will find the file CSID that contains all the wireless settings:

3. Open the file in text mode display and look for the lines containing:
GsmRegistrationModel: fRatSelection = 0 × 1
GsmRegistrationModel: fRatPreferred = 0x

4. In the first row we can vary the type of band and the second we specify the preferred option. Let’s see how we can set the values of the first line:
0 × 0 band only 2G network
0 × 1 2G/3G automatic selection priority for the preferred line 2
0 × 2 band only 3G network

5. If you find the lines with these parameters you can add them by editing the file through the edit button in the top left and writing exactly as shown above, remembering to insert the parameter 0 × 2 for single-band UMTS (3G).
6. Then click on Save and restart the iPhone.

How to Use the iPhone only on 3G Network (Cydia Tweak)

Hi everyone,

When I did own my "old" iPhone 4, the best tweak I did use was the possibility to tell the phone to only use the 3G/UMTS mode.
I use this because on work the reception is bad and the phone choose EDGE instead. But there is actually 3G available, but the phone thinks is to weak.

However I did the changes in the csidata file so the phone only use 3G/UMTS and it did work great!
Today I have done it to my 4S. But the phone do pending between 2G and 3G/UTMS. Why?

I do really like this feature. And I think this should be a stock function. Just as in all other phones!

Someone have any clue? Or solution.

How I did on the iPhone 4 and the 4S

Hi! same problem here. Still can't figure out yet. Anyone please help

Hi! same problem here. Still can't figure out yet. Anyone please help

I cannot understand why there is not a default setting in the system.
I hope someone find a solution to this.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

I cannot understand why there is not a default setting in the system.
I hope someone find a solution to this.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Hi i just found a solution

Install application name "iControl" in Cydia then set all radio to 3G and it seems to work!

If anyone can tried, please report your results.