What's new

iPhone 4 Updating

Esquire

Reaction score
Hello everbody. I have two questions.

I have an iPhone 4. I've bought it from Mobily (in Saudi Arabia) I was using Saudi Arabia's sim card(Al-Jawwal). Then I've come back to Turkey and started to using Turkey's sim card (Turkcell) without doing anything. Just plugged in the new sim card. Does it mean I have an factory unlocked iPhone ?

My second question is about updating. Its version is 4.3.3. I have SHSH bloobs in Cydia which are 4.3.5, 5.01 and 5.1. I don't why there isn't 5.1.1. Now, my question is how should I update it. I want to have a jailbreaked iPhone so I decided to update 5.0.1. Can I jailbreak 5.0.1, can't I ? After this point (deciding which version I'll update) what should I do ? Do I have to prepare IPSW with iFaith ? Or what ? I don't know what to do and I don't want do something wrong because I already have an iPod Touch lol.

Thank you.

You can upgrade to iOS 5.0.1. Just make sure the baseband does not exceed 04.11.08. Any baseband after that CANNOT be unlocked other than an IMEI unlock.

Thank you very much.

Can you provide me topic links about creating ipsw and uptadating securely ? I couldn't find them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Open up RedSn0w. Then go to extras > even more > restore. Select the ipsw, then point RedSn0w to your blobs. Wait for the magic to work. If you're preserving the baseband, click on preserve baseband first under extras.

Open up RedSn0w. Then go to extras > even more > restore. Select the ipsw, then point RedSn0w to your blobs. Wait for the magic to work. If you're preserving the baseband, click on preserve baseband first under extras.

But as I know we can't prepare ipsw for 5.0.1 with using redsnow. Is this true ? Do I have to use iFaith ?

How so? I've yet to come up on an error when creating 5.0.1 IPSW. I've connected my iPad 2 last week with the release of RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 1 and was able to create both a 5.0.1 and a 5.1.1 IPSW.