What's new

A few simple questions about iPhone

Esquire

Reaction score
Hello everbody.

I bought iPhone from Saudi Arabia. When I was in Saudi Arabia I inserted local sim card to phone and started to use iPhone directly, without any operation (gevey etc.) Then I came to Turkey and inserted Turkey's sim card (Turkcell) and started to use without any operation. Does it mean I have factory unlocked iPhone ? Can I update my phone without any hesitation ? I don't want to have second iPod Touch.

My other question is about updating. I'm usin 4.3.3 now. I have SHSH bloobs for 4.3.5 , 5.0.1 , 5.1 , 6.0.1. Do any of them have untethered jailbreak ? I want to update one of them. Maybe I must update by preserving baseband. Am I able to do that ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I would assume your iPhone is the 4 since it's on 4.3.3 and the 4S is a minimum of iOS 5. If your baseband is not 01.59.00, then you're on a factory unlocked iPhone. As for jailbreaking, for the blobs you have, you have 1 untethered jailbreak out of the bunch, which is iOS 5.0.1. The rest are all tethered jailbreaks. You can update to them. You don't have to preserve your baseband at all with a factory unlocked iPhone. But make sure that you don't mess around with the upgrading process to the iOS of your choice because you can potentially brick your iPhone to become a second iPod Touch, or a literal paperweight.