What's new

iphone 4 unlock

rdhabe

Reaction score
hi everyone
I hv purchased iPhone 4 gsm (iOS 5.0.1 and baseband 03.10.01). I have to unlock the mobile. does anyone know the way to unlock the mobile or factory unlock method? the phone is locked to at&t. I'm using gevey SIM now.

Since the original carrier is AT&T... there's no way to get it Factory Unlocked since AT&T does not provide this service. Using the Gevey Ultra that you currently are is the only option.

Learning curve to buy from apple direct!

I reside in the Uk and as such unlocking to all networks is much simpler.

A small fee paid to the network instigates the unlocking procedure !

If only it were that easy for us here in the US. :p

Yeah its kinda harsh of the network not to let you utilise which network you want to use once your contract is up.
Although the cdma version has no sim tray which in my uk opinion is awful ! We only use the gsm version.

Ive spoken to users in the usa who say their networks charge them for incoming texts etc, what is all that about !

It typically costs around £20 which is around $32 to unlock to all networks here.

Ive spoken to users in the usa who say their networks charge them for incoming texts etc, what is all that about !
Yeah... they really stick it to us around here!! Let's say for instance that you don't have a texting plan/package and you actually DON'T use texting. I know that seems obsurd this day and age but, there are those out there that just refuse to text. If I were to send that person a text message... their carrier will charge them anywhere from $.05 - $.25 per incomming text message. Depending on what type of message it is of course. And that goes no matter if you open it or not.

Yeah... they really stick it to us around here!! Let's say for instance that you don't have a texting plan/package and you actually DON'T use texting. I know that seems obsurd this day and age but, there are those out there that just refuse to text. If I were to send that person a text message... their carrier will charge them anywhere from $.05 - $.25 per incomming text message. Depending on what type of message it is of course. And that goes no matter if you open it or not.

Wow ,there are people who refuse to text.

Here you can choose not to have a data package, but even in the most basic contract and pay you go contracts, their are always different bundles of minutes and texts you can choose from, or on payg you can simply use your available credit to send a text. I know of no uk network that charges the recipient of a text message ! Talk about that network making money for nothing as the sender has already been charged for sending the text !

ya sure using the remote unlocking method you can unlock your iphone mobile because its safe for your mobile.....
get the unlock process for your iphone mobile from this site ***Moderation Notice: Deleted Outside Link***
here it gives the easy methods to get the mobile unlocked..........
Moderation Notice:​ This thread has been edited by the iPF Staff in accordance with our [URL="http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-net-forum-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/]Forum Rules[/URL].

Last edited by a moderator: