What's new

iPhone 4 shkaing screen horizontel color lines on screen

willow

Reaction score
Hi brand new to the forum. I have an iPhone 4 for about 6 months now about 4 weeks ago dropped the phone out of my truck & smashed the screen to bits. Had a new screen fitted 2 weeks ago & only in the last couple of days I have had lines going through my apps & just now the color on the screen will be normal then it will go really bright & even just go black. I can press the top button to send it to sleep then unlock it & the color is fine but not for long. It hasn't been wet only dropped the one time but does live in my shirt pocket for about 12-14 hours a day other than this problem phone is great.
I'm in Australia too if that helps.
thnks John

Hi brand new to the forum. I have an iPhone 4 for about 6 months now about 4 weeks ago dropped the phone out of my truck & smashed the screen to bits. Had a new screen fitted 2 weeks ago & only in the last couple of days I have had lines going through my apps & just now the color on the screen will be normal then it will go really bright & even just go black. I can press the top button to send it to sleep then unlock it & the color is fine but not for long. It hasn't been wet only dropped the one time but does live in my shirt pocket for about 12-14 hours a day other than this problem phone is great.I'm in Australia too if that helps.thnks John
Hi John... welcome to iPF! Honestly, sound to me like your screen was replaced w/ a non-OEM replacement. It's not all that uncommon for elcheapo screens to encounter problems after being installed.

I highly reccomend taking it back to wherever you got it replaced, as its the screen they have fitted, like Thomas said its sounds like its a non-OEM replacement.

As an iPhone repairer myself, I can safely say that a shoddy LCD has been used in the repair of your iPhone. I'd advise taking back to where you got it repaired and they will be able to replace it again with a working unit.