What's new

Iphone 4 shipped from hong kong

ABO DODO

Reaction score
The cheapest iPhone 4 factory unlocked that I could found was in apple Hong Kong website. The iPhone 4 32g costs around $758. Moreover, the shipment from there to the United States is pretty cheap.

I was discussing this with my wife and she asked me a question that I wasn't sure of and I joined this forum and hoped that someone might know the answer.

The question is. Where are the iPhones manufactured and where are they assembled? And is it a one manufacturer and assembler that provides the iPhones internationally?

The question was raised because we thought that there might be a possibility that iPhones are cheaper in Hong Kong because there manufactured or assembled there. And if they were, do they have a lower quality?

Sorry for the long question.

there are no official apple stores in HONG KONG!!!!

usually phones in HK are about the same price compared to UK. not sure what the difference are comparing UK to USA tho..........

anyway id be very weary buying the phone from Hong Kong. They have a fake iphone what looks exactly the same as an iphone4 but not running iOS4 and is incredibly SLOW in comparison!!!!!

and to answer your question. on my iphone4 it says on the back, Assembled in china so im also guessing its all made in china. and FYI Hong Kong is too small of a country to be able to mass produce anything..... =p

if you want one that just unlocked for any network then Canada and the Uk apple stores sell unlocked phones. £499 over here which is roughly $725.

In UK the iPhone 4 16GB is what costs 499 pounds. Where the 32GB costs 599 pounds, which in my opinion is too much for me.

The Canada deal is great. However, I'm planning to buy almost 5 iPhones as presents for my family and friends back home. In Canada online orders, the maximum you can get is only 2.

Thank you for the input guys.

yeh i was looking at them from Canada because my dad lives there quite cheap really compared to the UK just like most things.

Indeed it is passey. Since your dad is in Canada. Probably you would know the answer to this question. In the apple website, only 2 phones can be bought by a single customer. What about apple stores in Canada? Can I buy more than two if I was there in person?

Thank you.

Hi, May I ask you a question? I did look for iphone 4 in Hong Kong as well. They are cheaper in Hong Kong, and the most important part is that we do not need to sign any contract when purchasing the phone. But, I am not sure if the phone that is bought in Hong Kong works exactly the same as those here ?

Thank you

At the Apple stores in Canada you can only buy 2 phones at a time. Also, they are in very short supply. People are still lining up early in the morning hoping there will be phones available that day. For people buying the phones outright the process is a lot quicker than those that are doing a hardware upgrade at a subsidized price from their carrier.