What's new

iPhone 4 Ringtones *HOW TO*

Venom

Reaction score
OK, so for those who dont know how to make and put your own custom ringtones on your iPhone 4, I will tell you how to do so 100% Free.

Things you will need: iPhone 4, Sync Cable, iTunes, Wavepad sound Editor*

Step 1: Download wavepad sound editor or any other .mp3 editor. You need this to select the part of the song you want as your ringtone. Once downloaded and installed take any .mp3 and select NO MORE then 30 seconds of the song to use. Save it as .mp3

Step 2: Connect and sync your iPhone 4 device. Now you want to add your 30sec ringtone files. They should be under "Recently added". Once you have found it in iTunes, right click it, and click "create aac version". Once this is done, right click the new file and click show in windows explorer. Now you must rename the file extension from .m4a to .m4r

Step 3: In iTunes click on your device on the left side, and click Ringtones at the top center. Make sure there is a check in "Sync Ringtones"

Step 4: Copy your new .m4r files to the ringtone folder in iTunes. Then click sync and your done.

Any questions on this, just post em here, and ill try to reply as soon as I can.

nice write up, but audiko.net is for people who dont want to download anything to their computer and do almost the same thing

audiko.net? Never heard of it, I'll check it out. Thanks

I have already downloaded and paid for a ringtone onto my phone from Itunes. How do I get the ringtone into my sounds file to use on my phone?

In regards to your ringtone you purchased. Just right click on it in iTunes and there should be a option to "convert to ringtone" once that's done it should show up in the ringtones folder on iTunes. Be sure you have it selected in the ringtones tab once your ready to sync. After the sync it should be in the custom section.

There should be an app that makes the ringtone on your phone without having to sync to a computer. The Droid can do it, the iphone should too.

There is apps on the iPhone for this, but i find it easier to use audiko.net or download a .mp3 editor and cut your own 30 second ringtones then transfer them

There should be an app that makes the ringtone on your phone without having to sync to a computer. The Droid can do it, the iphone should too.

Why? its a different phone, made by different people... if you like what the Droid does why dont you get one?

These types of comments allways make me laugh... do some research before you buy products people...

Back on topic!

If your Jailbreaked search for the FREE app called Unlimtones in Cydia... use the search button - 1000's of free ringtones - you can preview it and download it straight to your phone, thats it.. no messing around...shows up staright away under sounds in the settings menu... its where i got my Postman Pat ringtone...........wait did i just say that........

Or

Use iRinger...another free app (for your PC or MAC) that lets you import MP3's, customise your tone, then save it in the correct format and import to your itunes library

Is audiko.net SAFE? I mean will you get spam etc after you use the site once?

Thanks

The site from what i have seen is safe, you wont get spam as you dont need to enter your email or anything, just browse and download.

Thanks for the response Venom, is it safe for the site to "send it to your phone" ?
will you get spam texts?

Thanks for the response Venom, is it safe for the site to "send it to your phone" ?
will you get spam texts?

You won't be able to use a "send it to your phone" option. It will havetoo be installed using iTunes.

In regards to your ringtone you purchased. Just right click on it in iTunes and there should be a option to "convert to ringtone" once that's done it should show up in the ringtones folder on iTunes. Be sure you have it selected in the ringtones tab once your ready to sync. After the sync it should be in the custom section.
Where is the "custom section"? I used Audiko (how cool!) Made sure the sync ringtones box was ticked, but after sync I still can't find my new ringtone on my iPhone...? Shouldn't it add to the list undersettings>sounds>ringtone?

Is audiko.net SAFE? I mean will you get spam etc after you use the site once?

Thanks
Used it for the first time a few days ago and no spam yet unless the endless nigerian lottery notices are somehow connected which I doubt ...what a cool little site- really fun.