What's new

iPhone 4 Ringtones *HOW TO*

OK I downloaded the wavepad sound editor as Audiko.net didn't have one I was looking for.

It worked a treat, however I used a different workflow than given by the OP, mainly because I didn't remember all the details:
Step 1: Load original Song
Step 2: Select snippet and Copy to New This step took a while to get the loop to work well.
Step 3: Save Untitled as Snippet.m4a
Step 4: Rename .m4a as .m4r in Finder
Step 5: Drag the renamed Snippet.m4r into itunes
Step 6: Connect iPhone and allow it to sync.

I use RMakerPro you can edit ringtones all day. And it's so easy it ought to be illegal. Now getting them to show up in yer phone is another thing. But the cool thing is there is a guide that teaches you all the ins and outs making it easy after the first time.

yes some apps make it so easy to do and are able to add them with out a 30 second limit

how to transfer and install apps after i downloaded them to pc..how i can transfer them to iphone with itunes and install to my iphone 4..if anyone can help..thankyou

you dont! you buy them from the app store then back it up in itunes. no one here will help you steal apps

Any questions on this, just post em here, and ill try to reply as soon as I can.

Strange that most people want "songs" as their ringtones. Whatever! Question: is there a site, or app, or any info about getting classic ringtones for the iPhone4? Like the kind that came in it as default tones? Thanks.

Any questions on this, just post em here, and ill try to reply as soon as I can.

Strange that most people want "songs" as their ringtones. Whatever! Question: is there a site, or app, or any info about getting classic ringtones for the iPhone4? Like the kind that came in it as default tones? Thanks.
Uh, I suppose not, EWyatt! I guess you'll have to be content with Lady Gaga or Justin Beiber (sp?) ringtones. Welcome to 2011! Sad.

Did you not make a thread about this...?

I don't think so, but maybe??? :)

But the point is that more standard, default ringtones should be readily available as opposed to the 30-second song variety on sale everywhere. Maybe I just don't "get it." Or maybe I really do!!

Someone asked about 'default' tones. Thought it was you.

Anyway, you can turn any sound clip you can find into a ringtone. Just use google to find them then convert them into ringtones using iTunes...