What's new

iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor issue?

qeez

Reaction score
is it a software or hardware issue?

software Apple is saying but thats what they said about the death grip..

The 4.1 beta seems to have fixed the problem. So more than likely you won't have any more problems once 4.1 is out.

now i'm relieved
for 800$ phone (32GB) it sure have alot of problems
are any other problems i should know of?
the antenna and the fragile design these i know of plus the this
so as i see it it has 3 problems :(
i'm geting mine in a week or so therefore i'd like to know all of the iphone flaws

Just test it out :) I am not bothered at all by the antenna issue... As far as the glass... Well the old iPhones broke too so just something you havetoo be careful with. The only real problem I see is the proximity sensor... It's not too bad but putting a call on hold is a pain.

i guess your right :)

I've seen this problem as well and it's annoying. I guess it's just the price of getting the newest technology :)

This is the only problem i have with my iphone...luckily most the time i talk on the iphone, i am using a headset so no problem :D

I think I am having this problem but just to make sure, can someone please describe it to me?

I think I am having this problem but just to make sure, can someone please describe it to me?

My dear friend This is to turn off the screen when you on a call so you don't press anything While you talking on the phone if you have updated to 4.1 You won't experience this problem

My dear friend This is to turn off the screen when you on a call so you don't press anything While you talking on the phone if you have updated to 4.1 You won't experience this problem

Au contraire, My dear friend. I have 4.1 and just today, three or four times in the same phone call I detected the screen lighting up. The phone was trying to call my doctor. Some message was on the screen saying something like "Press to return to your phone call."

Sounds like a proximity problem to me.

Au contraire, My dear friend. I have 4.1 and just today, three or four times in the same phone call I detected the screen lighting up. The phone was trying to call my doctor. Some message was on the screen saying something like "Press to return to your phone call."

Sounds like a proximity problem to me.

Well that's odd
Try to call someone and cover the proximity sensor while the phone on a table and see what happens
So you can confirm it is the proximity
The 4.1 suppose to fix this

I have the latest updates and I am constantly putting people on mute or on hold. Mine did not get fixed with 4.1. Please help!!