What's new

iPhone 4 Problem

BrokenDreams

Reaction score
I am trying to restore my brothers phone, and decided to reset and erase all settings. He has an iPhone 4 32GB, I can't do the home/sleep and wake button thing, as the wake button doesnt work, all it has been on for the last hour and a half is a circle thing going around, how long should it take to do? - he also jailbroke it. Could you give me advise on how long I should be waiting? does it matter that its jail broken, or is that playing a part? thanks in advance for any help or advise.

I am trying to restore my brothers phone, and decided to reset and erase all settings. He has an iPhone 4 32GB, I can't do the home/sleep and wake button thing, as the wake button doesnt work, all it has been on for the last hour and a half is a circle thing going around, how long should it take to do? - he also jailbroke it. Could you give me advise on how long I should be waiting? does it matter that its jail broken, or is that playing a part? thanks in advance for any help or advise.

Well, pressing "erase all content and settings" is one of the main things you never want to do with a jail broken phone. It will put it into an unfixable loop - as you've discovered.

With a broken Sleep button, I honestly don't know how you'll fix it, as you need both the Home and Sleep button to put the phone into DFU mode so you can restore the phone to [stock] iOS.

Maybe try connecting the phone to iTunes and see if it's recognized? Otherwise, with a broken button, all I can suggest is a trip to the Apple Store to get that button fixed.

Sorry.

Marilyn