What's new

iphone 4 problem after trying to jailbreak

prankstercat

Reaction score
i recently tried to jailbreak my phone using jailbreakme.com. i went to the site and slid the bar over, it loaded and said complete..but when i looked there was no cydia app. so i restarted my phone and it just went to the black screen with the apple logo on it and just stayed there. i tried the reboot method several times using the home button and power button but it still just stays on the apple logo screen. it has been several hours since and it still goes nowhere

any help would be muc\h appreciated

Well. Tried to restore the way you said and still it will not turn on. It does recognize my phone and gives an option on the screen to restore but the process doesn't finish? Sometimes it will complete the two-three hour process but still nothing

Unknown error has occurred [3194].

This is what comes up when I try to restore. Any thoughts?

Alrigh so I finally just called apple(they didn't know I tried to jailbreak). And they told me to try the same as above. Although I told them I've done several several several times over. He stated that the battery is drained so much during this process that it must be completely charged. So charge it over night just to make sure since you can get the phone on to check status. Also he said to use the USB port on the back of the computer and not the e tar ones you have up front or on the sides(wherever your extras are located). Apparently this makes a difference.

So I tried it 3 more times that night and still nothing. Charged it up over night again and tried it first thing this morning and FINALLY!! it restored and updated!!

So if you have this problem don't give up just keep trying these steps and it should work out.

Thanks for all the help here. My name is Jerry and after 5 days of trying to restore I finally have my iPhone fixed. Whew!!