What's new

Problems with iPhone 4 after Jailbreaking

laydeetrixy29

Reaction score
Its 4.2.1 firmware, the phone is jailbroken (by greenpoisin) and then unlocked by using ultrasnow. It works okay but the phone stops responding, i keep tapping the screen but it just hangs there, then i have to press the on/off button and then start all over again. It happens mostly when im using the keypad, it types the wrong letters on it own and wont listen to me. The signal also goes low sometimes while im on the phone, it just disconnects on its own and it gets back after a minute or so.

Could someone pls help me out.

Thanks

Perform a factory restore via iTunes then jailbreak it again and unlock. It seems like you are having corrupted files in the device.

Restore and DO NOT REJAILBREAK!!!
it will be hard for him to just factory restore and that's all, since he already tasted the jailbreak, i don't see him living without it, specially if he ever purchase some of those awesome apps and tweaks in cydia, thus i adviced him to jailbreak after the factory restore. Note: jailbreaking doesn't break an iDevice.

Remember when restoring to preserve your baseband or ultrasnow won't unlock your phone anymore. You need a custom firmware created by either snowbreeze (windows) or pwnage tool (mac)...

I restored the phone and it wouldnt let me restore without the update. So now my phone is on 4.3.3 n baseband was changed to 4.10 from 3.10. The phone is on a contract from orange, but after turning the phone on my sim just worked on its own. I didnt need to jlbrk it den unlock it. I dunno how this happened. Then i tried jailbreaking the phone with snowbreeze, it was easily jailbrkn, my sim was still working so i didnt to unlock it.

The phone still has the same problem the keypad stops working and the phone doesnt respond no matter how many times i tao the screen. I have to turn the phone off by holding the power+home button as it wont let me choose the option slide to power off. The touch stops wirking.

PLS HELP!!

All my contacts been deleted! Though i made a backup n restored it, got the music n the photos bk but no contacts.

Thanks

I restored the phone and it wouldnt let me restore without the update. So now my phone is on 4.3.3 n baseband was changed to 4.10 from 3.10. The phone is on a contract from orange, but after turning the phone on my sim just worked on its own. I didnt need to jlbrk it den unlock it. I dunno how this happened. Then i tried jailbreaking the phone with snowbreeze, it was easily jailbrkn, my sim was still working so i didnt to unlock it.

The phone still has the same problem the keypad stops working and the phone doesnt respond no matter how many times i tao the screen. I have to turn the phone off by holding the power+home button as it wont let me choose the option slide to power off. The touch stops wirking.

PLS HELP!!

All my contacts been deleted! Though i made a backup n restored it, got the music n the photos bk but no contacts.

Thanks

Your iPhone is a factory unlocked phone, it's not locked to orange since the baseband is 04.10.01 and so there is no need of unlocking it. Well when you where using snowbreeze to jailbreak the iOS, what iOS version did you load in snowbreeze? It have to be 4.3.3
Where did you get the iOS from? Use the one downloaded by iTunes to restore/upgrade your iOS to 4.3.3 you can find it in this location in your computer: since you are using snowbreeze tool I suppose that you are ona windows pc so follow this address to the ipsw downloaded by iTunes.
You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. Give that ipsw to snowbreeze to customize it and do the rest to jailbreak, if the error is there after the jailbreak, jailbreak your iPhone using the latest version of redsnow. It's much more easier and reliable.