What's new

iPhone 3G not functional after jailbreak

xGaZiino

Reaction score
I jailbreaked my iPhone 3G using redsn0w using an iPad Baseband. I was using iOS 4.2.1 at the time. The phone was working for a while but recently, it crashed. I held down the power button to turn it off, but instead the black screen with the circular loop loading icon in the middle.

I waited for an hour and it still didn't go away so i tried restoring my iPhone. When the restore was about to finish an error came up: I cant remember wording but it involved error 1015 and the phone went to restore mode (insert into itunes icon). Whenever i restart the phone it gets stuck at the apple logo loading screen. I tried restoring it with a custom NO_BB IPSW but i can't get into dfu mode. i hold down the power button, but when i start pressing the home button and power simultaneously, it just goes to restore mode. After the third try, instead of going into restore mode, it just goes to WTF mode. im quite lost as to what i need to do now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Have you tried using the "pwned DFU" mode via redsn0w before the "Shift+Restore" in iTuens uisng your Custom IPSW?

yeah the pwned dfu mode on redsn0w is what i was using before. whats shift+restore?

isnt pwned dfu the only way of starting up custom ipsw's anyway?

"Shift+Restore" is what you use in iTunes to start the install of the custom IPSW on your iPhone. Are you using a Mac or PC?