What's new

Iphone 4 outterbox

jnlkml

Reaction score
Have a outterbox on my iPhone 4, but it seems to make my touch screen not so sensitive I hav to ouch hard to get a key to work or drag my finger kinda firm to change screens , does anyone else with a iPhone 4 and a outterbox hav this problem??

enlightened said:
No problems here with my Otterbox Defender.

Weird, I'm having problems with my touch sensitivity it's annoying

I have had a otter box and a ballistic and they are both wonderful. I have never had problems.

jnlkml said:
Have a outterbox on my iPhone 4, but it seems to make my touch screen not so sensitive I hav to ouch hard to get a key to work or drag my finger kinda firm to change screens , does anyone else with a iPhone 4 and a outterbox hav this problem??

Yes I do. The one place that it is sensitive is when on the lock screen and trying to move the slider, and it won't catch sometimes. But let me tell you it's worth it to me because yesterday I dropped my iPhone on the concrete in a puddle, and there was no damage at all thanks to my defender!

Install a Zagg Invisible Shield HD and remove the protective screen from the Otter Box, that will give you all the protection you had before, has a lifetime warranty and the display will look ten times better, just did it to mine and I could not be happier. Thai on this site recommended to do it and I am glad I did!

Sent from my OEM iPhone

jnlkml said:

I do on the sides.

Install a Zagg Invisible Shield HD and remove the protective screen from the Otter Box, that will give you all the protection you had before, has a lifetime warranty and the display will look ten times better, just did it to mine and I could not be happier. Thai on this site recommended to do it and I am glad I did!

Sent from my OEM iPhone

I just went to the website to see about ordering one. Can you tell me which one would be the one to order? There seems to be a few options. I have a defender also.

pinkcoachgirl said:
I just went to the website to see about ordering one. Can you tell me which one would be the one to order? There seems to be a few options. I have a defender also.

The HD front cover is the one I put on mine and the wife's, they don't take anything away from the Retina display. Crystal clear and I tested the key on it first thing, not a scratch!

Sent from my OEM iPhone

horsehaulin said:
The HD front cover is the one I put on mine and the wife's, they don't take anything away from the Retina display. Crystal clear and I tested the key on it first thing, not a scratch!

Sent from my OEM iPhone

Awesome, exactly what I need! Thanks a lot :)

I also have a defender but a question has arisen: two different employees at two different Apple stores have told me that Apple does not recommend the Otterbox line because while they do provide great coverage they also trap heat inside the phone and that can cause damage. Anyone have the overheating problem because of using an Otterbox??

PapaNoHair said:
I also have a defender but a question has arisen: two different employees at two different Apple stores have told me that Apple does not recommend the Otterbox line because while they do provide great coverage they also trap heat inside the phone and that can cause damage. Anyone have the overheating problem because of using an Otterbox??

I decided to put this to a test. Drained my phone to 10% last night, plugged it in and started the GPS (Waze). Drove over 200 miles today, all during the trip I was using various other apps and the case was not warm to the touch. Took the phone out of the case and although a little warm, nothing compared to my HTC EVO Shift!

Again, I think 90% or better of cases retain residual heat from charging and excess usage, but I don't believe the Defender brings it to an unsafe temp.

Sent from my iPhone 4S us

I decided to put this to a test. Drained my phone to 10% last night, plugged it in and started the GPS (Waze). Drove over 200 miles today, all during the trip I was using various other apps and the case was not warm to the touch. Took the phone out of the case and although a little warm, nothing compared to my HTC EVO Shift!

Again, I think 90% or better of cases retain residual heat from charging and excess usage, but I don't believe the Defender brings it to an unsafe temp.

Wow - that is a lot of risk (not to mention time) involved in your doing that! Thanks so much!

PapaNoHair said:
Wow - that is a lot of risk (not to mention time) involved in your doing that! Thanks so much!

I drove that for my job, lol. I drive a tow truck and made the 200 mile round trip to pick up a disabled vehicle to be repaired locally. T
I do this daily, six days a week.