What's new

iphone 4 no contract -- A question

Bearmon

Reaction score
Hi! Your forum is awesome. :)

Please bear with my English. I would like to know if I buy iphone with no contract.. Can I use my wireless router for wifi ? The reason i want to use for my wifi with no contract is because I am waiting for unlock so I can use my carrier to use it. By the way, should I wait for CDMA Verizon iPhone this fall or doesnt matter as long as it will be unlock then I can do that ? Thanks.

Last edited:
Having working "cell" service and "wifi" are not related. You won't be able to make calls over Wifi but you'll be able to do all other internet related activities.

Keep in mind, that even if the iPhone is unlocked/were unlocked, it wouldn't work on Verizon. The hardware needed to operate on Verizon's network is totally different. Verizon is CDMA, so totally different iPhone "internals" will be needed.

I dont need to make a call. So I should buy without a contract from At&t instead of CDMA Verizon if I want to use the unlock (coming soon I think) and use wifi such as internet surf, email, and text message, right ?

I dont need to make a call. So I should buy without a contract from At&t instead of CDMA Verizon if I want to use the unlock (coming soon I think) and use wifi such as internet surf, email, and text message, right ?

Hello and welcome here
You can’t send SMS directly from the App’s when you have no Sim card …

you can also buy a Unlock factory .. like they have in France & Germany …. witch is better than jailbreak or unlock in term of stability and update

Hello and welcome here

you can also buy a Unlock factory .. like they have in France & Germany …. witch is better than jailbreak or unlock in term of stability and update

Thank you.

I have t-mobile sim card so it is better than nothing for now until they unlock and jailbreak it first. Can I do that right ?

By the way, where can I buy a unlock factory ?

Hello and welcome here

Thank you.

I have t-mobile sim card so it is better than nothing for now until they unlock and jailbreak it first. Can I do that right ?

Apple in France and Germany sell unlock factory (i order my from there)

You should find someone order it for you

by the way where are you located ?

Hello and welcome here

Thank you.

I am from America but native of Portugal. Can't I just buy iphone 4 locked in with no contract and I can use wifi with my wireless router until it is unlock, right ?

Thank you.

I am from America but native of Portugal. Can't I just buy iphone 4 locked in with no contract and I can use wifi with my wireless router until it is unlock, right ?

About that i am not sure at all , but maybe you activate it in the Shop and after use it in wifi at home but no too sure about that

Maybe I should stick with iphone 3gs unlock and jailbreak until iphone 4's unlock and jailbreak is discover. Isn't that a good idea ? Or What? :)

You can buy one since they have and wait they release the JB …. but i have read is already out from the Dev team

So you are saying that i shouldn't buy 3gs and go with iphone 4 sim free factory unlock or wait for verizon iphone that will be unlock ?

I have sidekick lx and I need 3gs as unlock for tmobile sim card so I can use it because I hate sidekick lx very much. Maybe I should buy 3gs mint condition under 300 dollars. :)

I dont want to buy iphone 4 here in the america which is locked to att. I hate att. And too expensive monthly. It is not unlock yet so I dont want to wait.

Also, I cannot find the google about the country for unlock on sale like in Canada because it said coming soon. I guess it is difficult to find one. Mine is cheaper carrier so I need 3gs as unlock which is available on ebay, you know.

Last edited:
Not really, relying on the dev team to be able to upgrade fw sucks for me it's factory unlocked or nothing, then ur spending another few hundred on the 3GS u might as well get the 4, unless you don't care about upgrading fw but IMO ur plan sounds very bad :p