What's new

iphone 4 no contract -- A question

I thought USA had them sim free also, this year they are more available.. Even in the uk

My plan is bad, huh ? :(

About sim free iphone 4. Where did I find that information about it ? I dont want to pay the contract. I prefer without contract to use the wifi. Unless unlock is available then I can use my tmobile sim card into it or otherwise I will have to get 3gs then sell it when iphone 4 unlock from iphone dev crack it. :)

It's all very well waiting for a hack from the dev team but you could be waiting a long tie for them to do it and then on top every new firmware update you won't be able to update until dev unlock the new fw and it's never a guarantee they will.. Pay as you go o2 offer unlimited Internet and texts for 15 a month u don't have to top that up every month just when u can. I use wifi mostly and got my iPhone 4 sim free from uk at 599. Apple have made sim free iPhones more available this year just go to ur local apple store or ring, but ofc they are more costly but worth the money, for me it's factory unlocked or nothing lol and I used to always jailbreak and with this phone I doubt I will

Interesting. Its expensive and I think I will stick to 3gs for now.. Its cheaper from eBay I found in mint condition. I hope I won. Thank you very much for helping me. You people are friendly and understanding not like other forums I knew. I will come back for more questions in the near future. :)

I am back and I found iphone 4 from UK but I want to ask you. I am from America and can I order it over there for unlock so I can use it for my tmobile sim with cut down to the size, I know... or just use wifi at my home and I dont need to worry about contract or charge me at all ?

Actually, it is £499 in UK which mean is $744.86 in USA dollars. Ouch, too expensive.

Last edited:
Meh, thats pretty expensive man. Although, I dropped $500 on a iPhone 3G 16gig when it first came out and I thought I had an heart attack after I gave the money to the guy I bought it off from.

If you wait about a month or two, price should drop a little bit!

EDIT:
I have t-mobile aswell, and you could buy the iPhone w/o contract but I believe there isnt an unlock yet but there is a jailbreak for it. So to answer your question if I'm not mistaken, when a device is jailbroken then you could use it for WiFi purposes or just fiddling around with the phone without any service.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know but I can wait for next version of iphone 4 just like iphone 3g to iphone 3gs then I will grab it. For now, iphone 3gs already have jailbreak and unlock for $375 and everything include iphone are MINT CONDITION I won from Ebay. It will be fine for now. :D Thank you!

EDIT: I will use my tmobile sim card for this one since sidekick lx really sucks badly. :)

Last edited:
Awesome! Sounds great. I had the sidekick LX aswell when it first came out but it was an okay phone. It wasn't the best nor was it the worst. I just liked how it swiveled :p

I am back and I found iphone 4 from UK but I want to ask you. I am from America and can I order it over there for unlock so I can use it for my tmobile sim with cut down to the size, I know... or just use wifi at my home and I dont need to worry about contract or charge me at all ?

Actually, it is £499 in UK which mean is $744.86 in USA dollars. Ouch, too expensive.

and thats just the 16GB

I need some help with iphone 3gs 16 gb.. I am able to send email and receive email as well as text message using my unlimited data plan from old sidekick lx but I cannot use the tmobile internet. Here what I have:

Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
Username: blank
Password: blank
MMSC: blank
MMS Proxy blank
MMS Max Message Size:
MMS UA Prof URL:
And Then Reboot

It works for email received and sent using gmail but internet doesnt work at all. HELP ?!

Last edited:
I need some help with iphone 3gs 16 gb.. I am able to send email and receive email as well as text message using my unlimited data plan from old sidekick lx but I cannot use the tmobile internet. Here what I have:

Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
Username: blank
Password: blank
MMSC: blank
MMS Proxy blank
MMS Max Message Size:
MMS UA Prof URL:
And Then Reboot

It works for email received and sent using gmail but internet doesnt work at all. HELP ?!

Hi Based on my knowledge and expereince: you should have

Cellular data
APN: Something

MMS​
APN: Something
MMSC:http:// Something.XYZ
MMS Proxy: Something

This setting i guess can be found in Google … since you have enter it , return in General> Network and open and close the ;Enable 3G , 3 to 4 times turn off your mobile re open it and that should work like a charm

Hi! No, I am using tmobile sim card from sidekick lx. 3g must be disabled.