What's new

Iphone 4 NEVER been jailbroken, error 21, won't restore?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could always try redsn0w's fix recovery mode...

Download redsn0w from here - Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta

Run the application, switch to the "Extras" menu, press "Fix Recovery" and follow the instructions on screen...

Note - This will NOT jailbreak your device.

OP
S

Spanky23

Reaction score
Used a stopwatch, started at 25 seconds. At the 15 second mark I let go of the power button LIKE you said.

At 8 seconds left, it made that sound, and at 0 it did nothing new. At that 8 second mark is when it pops up "in recovery mode"

OP
S

Spanky23

Reaction score
They make it way too difficult to do things, and I don't even comprehend redsn0ws thing

OP
S

Spanky23

Reaction score
Dangit, that's it? Could it possibly be a hardware issue? I need to get this working :(

OP
S

Spanky23

Reaction score
get into dfu mode on redsnow....and it goes to a white screen "please wait while your build is being processed"

Then keeps doing the apple logo, then off, then on, then off...

WTF....:/

would not having a sim in it be a problem?

Last edited:
OP
S

Spanky23

Reaction score
Tried again...now getting error code 1602. Which I read means that it's an old firmware? But it's actually 5.0.1 I'm trying to restore and update to :/

engdpali

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have exactly the same problem. I have been thru the guide, and i am sure I did everything correct, but still error 21. FYI I have a brand new Iphone 4s which have not even switched on for the first time. From the beginning its creating me the same problem.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
engdpali said:
Hello everyone,

I have exactly the same problem. I have been thru the guide, and i am sure I did everything correct, but still error 21. FYI I have a brand new Iphone 4s which have not even switched on for the first time. From the beginning its creating me the same problem.

Why do you need to restore a new iPhone 4S which has never been turned on?

engdpali

Reaction score
Because just flicking the apple logo and would not start. I plug it in my laptop and directly itunes opened and a message that restore and update is needed came up.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
engdpali said:
Because just flicking the apple logo and would not start. I plug it in my laptop and directly itunes opened and a message that restore and update is needed came up.

That is not normal for a new 4S. It may be faulty if it will not restore. Consider returning it.

engdpali

Reaction score
This is what I ll do. Just it will take more than 15 days in order to get it back as they told me. I am a bit frustrated because I have received a brand new phone with a "defect" as it seems and they do not even want to replace it with a new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts